• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Frieri for Grilli

Richard

The fact that Scioscia is losing confidence more quickly in players who are putting up horrible numbers is encouraging. Glad that his patience is wearing thin in a more timely manner than we've seen in the past.

As the season goes on and we get closer to a playoff chance, every game becomes even more important.

well, true -- (post above) but the time is now -- Sosh had lost confidence in Frieri and he wasn't going to do much for the Halos -- Frieri has a better chance of turning things around than Grilli but we could use some rotation help now and Grilli provides some, but not much, help in the area.

Huh? Grilli isn't a starter.

Hasn't been since 2 starts back in 2005.

There it is.........

Baseball-Ref.png

Jerry Dipoto 

PositionPitcher 
Bats: Right, Throws: Right 
Height: 6' 2", Weight: 203 lb.

Similar Pitchers  
 View Similar Player Links in Pop-up
 Compare Stats to Similars
  1. Jason Grilli (970)  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  2. John Habyan (965)
  3. Mike MacDougal (965)
  4. Juan Acevedo (963)
  5. Al Levine (960)
  6. Steve Karsay (960)
  7. Alberto Reyes (959)
  8. Ed Nunez (959)
  9. Keith Atherton (958)
  10. Jim Todd (958)

There it is.........

Baseball-Ref.png

Jerry Dipoto 

PositionPitcher 

Bats: Right, Throws: Right 

Height: 6' 2", Weight: 203 lb.

Similar Pitchers  

View Similar Player Links in Pop-up

Compare Stats to Similars

1. Jason Grilli (970)  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  2. John Habyan (965)
  3. Mike MacDougal (965)
  4. Juan Acevedo (963)
  5. Al Levine (960)
  6. Steve Karsay (960)
  7. Alberto Reyes (959)
  8. Ed Nunez (959)
  9. Keith Atherton (958)
  10. Jim Todd (958)

ChHNZ.gif

The fact that Scioscia is losing confidence more quickly in players who are putting up horrible numbers is encouraging. Glad that his patience is wearing thin in a more timely manner than we've seen in the past.

Didn't seem to be the case with Raul Ibanez, because Dipoto had to cut him to get him out of the lineup. Your point is well taken, though - I see signs that some of the rigidity we saw in the past is not holding - like moving Frieri to the setup role and letting Joe Smith close earlier this week.

We traded our crap for somebody else's crap.

Based on this year, and each guy's past success, it's a wash.

If Grilli performs, great... If not, it's no worse than what we already had.

Bottom line, we made a trade that won't affect our qbility to make another aquisition.

Meh

I can't believe the Rockies ever let this guy go. He's faced 204 batters at Coors Field and only given up 2 home runs. 1 home run per 102 batter faced has got to be a record home run ratio there. By the way, Frieri is 1 home run per 27.6 better faced at the Big A.

I can't believe the Rockies ever let this guy go. He's faced 204 batters at Coors Field and only given up 2 home runs. 1 home run per 102 batter faced has got to be a record home run ratio there. By the way, Frieri is 1 home run per 27.6 better faced at the Big A.

He almost gave up a game-tying home run with two outs in the 8th inning on Tuesday night. I was at the game, and Escobar launched a drive that Mike Trout had to race all the way to the wall to reel in. The marine layer was thick by that time, and that saved us.

meh.  To me this is more about moving on from ernesto which is fine.  Hopefully, Girilli has a quick fix mechanical issue and can right the ship.  My concern is that there is no gas in the tank and we have a new guy who MS can force into high leverage that doesn't belong there.  

If it works out then great, but this move shouldn't be relied upon as an actual improvement to the team.  The still nee a closer and a lefty.  

I'll be open minded about this change of scenery thing, but I wish we had a GM that could parlay our crap into something better than another teams crap.

Dont ask me how its not my job to know how its Dipoto's.

I think the Bucs should of included McCutchen in the deal !!!!!!!!!

Edited by DixieAngel

Dear Jason Grilli,

We at Angleswin would like to welcome you to the Angels family.  If you should happen to have 10 perfect saves in a row and then walk the  leadoff guy in your 11th, we will disown you and verbally thrash you.  Regardless of whether you do well, we will completely and continuously butcher your last name.  

Thanks, 

Angelswin

ps - whatever you say to the media will be dissected and used against you regardless of how benign a statement it may be.  

GOOD LUCK!!