• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Frieri for Grilli

Richard

Dear Jason Grilli,

We at Angleswin would like to welcome you to the Angels family.  If you should happen to have 10 perfect saves in a row and then walk the  leadoff guy in your 11th, we will disown you and verbally thrash you.  Regardless of whether you do well, we will completely and continuously butcher your last name.  

Thanks, 

Angelswin

ps - whatever you say to the media will be dissected and used against you regardless of how benign a statement it may be.  

GOOD LUCK!! 

Sosh will pass the message on to him.

He almost gave up a game-tying home run with two outs in the 8th inning on Tuesday night. I was at the game, and Escobar launched a drive that Mike Trout had to race all the way to the wall to reel in. The marine layer was thick by that time, and that saved us.

When that ball left the bat, I thought it was gone. Bringing Frieri into a one-run game was risky at best.

Hopefully, Girilli has a quick fix mechanical issue and can right the ship.

Given our pitching coach's stellar history of identifying and correcting problems in pitchers' mechanics, I understand your optimism.

My concern is that there is no gas in the tank and we have a new guy who MS can force into high leverage that doesn't belong there.

I don't remember Scioscia ever doing that with a player. Why would he start now?

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

A really well thought out article. [/size]

"The problem is that he's a fly-ball pitcher, and this year the home runs are leaving the yard"[/size]

A really well thought out article. [/size]

They forgot to mention most of the HRs seem to come on 0-2 counts.

Edited by Pbonetheman

When Frieri crumbled, he tended to do it in extraordinary fashion...like blowing a 4 run lead or making a close game a large, late-inning deficit. Had to be crushing to the team.

Even if Grilli struggles and is just a so-so reliever, as long as he avoids five-run inning disasters, it'd be a good trade. Offense can at catch up much easier.

“Maybe this is going to be good for me because it was a little bit of a struggle for me in the American League West,” Frieri said. “When you’re in one league for a while, hitters get to know you, and they make adjustments.

Too bad the guy with the 10 year $50,000,000 contract didn't know as much as his closer.

Damn, I go away to the backwoods of NoService Hampshire and the two worst players on this team get shipped out, the team wins six in a row, then loses two of three in KC because the starting pitchers pick an inning each to not get guys out.

Interesting and action-packed week.

And the Angels had one too.

Damn, I go away to the backwoods of NoService Hampshire and the two worst players on this team get shipped out, the team wins six in a row, then loses two of three in KC because the starting pitchers pick an inning each to not get guys out.

Interesting and action-packed week.

And the Angels had one too.

you're theory is flawed relative to David Freese still being an Angel.