• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Frieri for Grilli

Richard

I would hate a papelbum trade.

Even if the phillies just gave him to us, can't stand that clown

I enjoy his fist pump after striking out the last batter

Also if grilli throws more than just a straight fastball then the angels already won this trade lol..

Once again we have brought in a guy in his mid-to-late 30s with the hope that he will regain his form of two or more years ago. Honestly I had rather have left Frieri in the setup role and let Joe Smith close.

I'm going to wait and see, but my expectation is that Grilli will get shelled all over the yard. He had already lost the closer's role with Pittsburgh.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Once again we have brought in a guy in his mid-to-late 30s with the hope that he will regain his form of two or more years ago. Honestly I had rather have left Frieri in the setup role and let Joe Smith close.

I'm going to wait and see, but my expectation is that Grilli will get shelled all over the yard. He had already lost the closer's role with Pittsburgh.

I don't want Frieri pitching at all, in any situation. I also don't think the Angels have Grilli in their plans past this season. 

I'm late to the party on this one, but I'm very VERY pleased about this trade. Dipoto is probably my favorite sports executive of all time at this point. 

DFA him wouldn't make sense because even with how he's pitched he has value. The K's are there and he's still young and under club control + has "closer experience"

I'd have rather they just stuck with him but in a lesser role and hope he turns it around(but never made him closer again)

I think Grilli's done. His numbers have nosedived in everything this year and he's 37 yrs old with serious arm injuries under his belt. Now he's shifting to the tougher league with the DH after putting up a 1.60+ WHIP in the NL

I don't think this bullpen got any better in all honesty. Hoping for 2 other moves where they acquire a reliable lefty and an actual closer who is doing well.

DFA him wouldn't make sense because even with how he's pitched he has value. The K's are there and he's still young and under club control + has "closer experience"

I'd have rather they just stuck with him but in a lesser role and hope he turns it around(but never made him closer again)

I think Grilli's done. His numbers have nosedived in everything this year and he's 37 yrs old with serious arm injuries under his belt. Now he's shifting to the tougher league with the DH after putting up a 1.60+ WHIP in the NL

I don't think this bullpen got any better in all honesty. Hoping for 2 other moves where they acquire a reliable lefty and an actual closer who is doing well.

So they can fall behind in the 6th or 7th? I have zero faith in Frieri at all. Grilli may be done and I don't have many expectations on him either. But at least we only have to see him suck for a couple of months. Grilli is just a marginal upgrade and may completely suck. Now if Dipoto doesn't make another deal or two then you can kiss this season goodbye.