• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Trade Frieri for Grilli

Richard

Well if either of them sucked they would be off the book after this year.

Of course on the flip side of that:

If Grilli bounces back, he's still gone in a few months.

If Frieri bounces back, there's still team control left.

Frieri is a good dude but I doubt he ever really contributes. He has 1 pitch and it isn't very good.

Good move. Even if Frieri rights the ship in Pittsburgh that doesn't mean that he'd do the same here. Sometimes a change of scenery alone can do wonders. Let's hope that's the case with Grilli. And the age difference? Unless you're Mariano or, say, Shields back in the day, it doesn't matter. Relievers are generally pretty disposable year to year.

Well if either of them sucked they would be off the book after this year.

Of course on the flip side of that:

If Grilli bounces back, he's still gone in a few months.

If Frieri bounces back, there's still team control left.

True, but because he's a "closer," that team control would have cost us quite a bit.  So even if he were to bounce back, I'm not sure I would want to pay him $4M+ next season given his implosion this season.

In an earlier Frieri thread Chuck said that he didn't expect him to be here much longer. The way he said it led me to believe that he was privy to something he couldn't share yet. I'm guessing that this is it.

I wish Ernesto nothing but the best. Maybe the change of scenery will help him to recover his form.

In an earlier Frieri thread Chuck said that he didn't expect him to be here much longer. The way he said it led me to believe that he was privy to something he couldn't share yet. I'm guessing that this is it.

I wish Ernesto nothing but the best. Maybe the change of scenery will help him to recover his form.

I think chuck just really hated ernesto, and was ready to nancy kerigan his leg