• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Uh oh...Iraq

figuring out the "somewhere in the middle solution" is the big problem.

as someone once said, islam does not want to be reasoned with. it wants to be obeyed. that seems especially true with IS, and that's why there may not be an intermediate solution.

When you're dealing with people with fixed, rigid viewpoints the solution is not easy. I don't know the answer either.

I voted for GWB in 2000... and 2004.  Voted Obama in 2008.

I lament all of those votes.  At least there is no shame in my Johnson vote in 2012.

One thing I can say with complete honesty: I have never voted for anyone named Bush, and I have no regrets. History has proven me right, IMO.

Hindsight, its the bomb.  Really no way of knowing if Dukakis, Gore or Kerry would be any different or better.

I suspect it wouldn't have made much of a difference from a foreign policy perspective. From 2001 to about 2004/5, most politicians on both sides of the aisle were pretty pro-war, as was most of the American public.

dubya always refused to give a public date of when he would withdraw our forces, citing that he didn't want to give any of the enemies out there a warning that the US would be out of the way.

perhaps we're now seeing what he meant.

dubya always refused to give a public date of when he would withdraw our forces, citing that he didn't want to give any of the enemies out there a warning that the US would be out of the way.

perhaps we're now seeing what he meant.

but dubya was stupid, didn't you get the memo?  This must surely just be a coincidence

I suspect it wouldn't have made much of a difference from a foreign policy perspective. From 2001 to about 2004/5, most politicians on both sides of the aisle were pretty pro-war, as was most of the American public.

This you can blame on my generation of the military. We made Desert Storm look easy, like all smart bombs and white flags to CNN. No politician wanted to miss out on a chance to organize a victory parade back in the home district or maybe get a few days embedded with the troops. That's good old fashioned All-American bandwagon campaigning at its finest.