• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Uh oh...Iraq

They kill Muslims as well, those they feel are not true believers.

Pretty much worn thin the excuses made by Islam how this isn't representing them and yet say the exact same anti western culture rhetoric. Maybe if they nutted up and destroyed the monster of their own creation they would have credibility.

I am more than happy to have a conversation about ISIS with people, but the second you guys turn it into an anti-Islam conversation it completely makes me want to Abe Simpson out the door.

Get a more valid talking point will you?

You're allowed to be critical of all religions here doggy.

You obviously haven't seen him shank a drive on the course yet.

Good call.

According to WH travel pool w/POTUS, the president arrived at Vineyard Golf Club at 1:05 p.m., following statement on #JamesFoley and #ISIS

It is as soon as the WBC has more than 100 members, overruns the central region of the US and begins a campaign of mass murder.

Or at least until you can find continuous examples of like incidents that are being performed by other Christian organizations

or as soon as you see other muslims around the world condemning the violence perpetuated by their fellow believers. i have seen plenty of Christians, myself included, who have spoken out against the terrible abuses of faith done in God's name by the westboro loonies. where are the peaceful muslims condemning the beheading and the mass murders by the good folk in ISIS? nothing but crickets from them.

or as soon as you see other muslims around the world condemning the violence perpetuated by their fellow believers. i have seen plenty of Christians, myself included, who have spoken out against the terrible abuses of faith done in God's name by the westboro loonies. where are the peaceful muslims condemning the beheading and the mass murders by the good folk in ISIS? nothing but crickets from them.

Just because you havent heard a muslim condemn ISIS, does that mean no muslims have condemned them? I haven't heard my christian co-workers condemned the god hates fags people, does that mean they support them?

To be honest, when was the last time you've ever actually spoken to someone who was muslim?

Over the past decade this whole region has been tossed upside down. It's always going to be like this until they come up with a way to allow cultural autonomy for the tribal people while still protecting them from the vultures like IS. We sell the governments here billions in military equipment (thanks for putting my daughter into med school) but we can't sell them the will to settle the disputes. 

It's short sighted and agenda driven to blame Islam. The blame for the actions of individuals lies with the individuals. I spend every day surrounded by Muslims who hardly ever try to behead me. they're too busy cutting me off in traffic or trying to sell me a new satellite package.

as soon as i posted the previous comment I knew someone would say something to this effect.  Don't underestimate humanity's ability to be awful. Even Christians ( i am a christian).  We are fortunate to have stability here, in the middle east....particularly in war zones there is an absolute void of order and authority. ISIS has risen out of this void.  People have always warped religion for their own twisted agenda's.  Right now, the middle east and Islam are particularly vulnerable, a result of a centuries worth of western interference.  The problems there (sectarian in nature) just have to play out, it will take time and much of it has and will continue to be ugly.  I dont think ISIS represents what Islam is about.

If IS were the only Islamic group perpetuating these horrific acts I might agree with you.

However...

This, to me, is just a cop out.  When did it become so normal to not take any responsibility for your own actions? 

its not a cop out, ISIS is estimated to be what 6000 people max ? There are well over a billion muslims in the world. Its not really fair to group them all in the condone what ISIS does group.  I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to me, this is more about the enviornment then the religion.  We've seen horrible groups do horrific things in the balkans in the last 2 decades.  Lets not forget the fighting in Ireland.  How about Africa ?.  There is a common theme in all these places, and it is not Islam.  

its not a cop out, ISIS is estimated to be what 6000 people max ? There are well over a billion muslims in the world. Its not really fair to group them all in the condone what ISIS does group.  I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to me, this is more about the enviornment then the religion.  We've seen horrible groups do horrific things in the balkans in the last 2 decades.  Lets not forget the fighting in Ireland.  How about Africa ?.  There is a common theme in all these places, and it is not Islam.

I agree with your main points but I think the part that mt took issue with was blaming much of it on centuries worth of Western interference. No doubt that it is an extremely small percentage of Muslims creating the chaos but we don't bare the responsibility for those nutjobs running rampid. As you mentioned, it's a shame that there isn't enough authority and stability to keep them contained.

I agree with your main points but I think the part that mt took issue with was blaming much of it on centuries worth of Western interference. No doubt that it is an extremely small percentage of Muslims creating the chaos but we don't bare the responsibility for those nutjobs running rampid. As you mentioned, it's a shame that there isn't enough authority and stability to keep them contained.

It's not close to 80,000.

Eric is correct actually, apparently between syria and iraq the number is in the neighborhood of 80,000 which is shocking ( i cant imagine the orgainzation is capable of arming and coordinating all these people though, it may be more of a supporter type of number). However I still think the spirit of what I was trying to say is valid.  What i mean by the western interference, is that we have been propping up these malignant regimes in places like saudi arabia and for a long time iraq. Before that it was colonial activity.  The wisdom of these policies is certainly debatable.  However its not really secret that the west has contributed to the chaos in the region in a great number of ways.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Per wiki: In June 2014,The Economist reported that "ISIS may have up to 6,000 fighters in Iraq and 3,000–5,000 in Syria, including perhaps 3,000 foreigners

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant

Surely it's gone up since June but not sure where the 80,000 is coming from.

We have contributed to the chaos in some ways but we're hardly behind the reason for a number of their wars.