• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Uh oh...Iraq

To sit back and do nothing would be a huge mistake. So would throwing a large number of troops into this. Action somewhere in the middle is exactly what we should do.

figuring out the "somewhere in the middle solution" is the big problem.

as someone once said, islam does not want to be reasoned with. it wants to be obeyed. that seems especially true with IS, and that's why there may not be an intermediate solution.

Hillary Clinton criticizes Obama's foreign policy 'failure'; strongly defends Israel

http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-obama-foreign-policy-isis-gaza-failure-141410915.html

----

So now we have Obama saying it wasn't his idea to pull out of Iraq.  And Hillary criticizing Obama's foreign policy as if she had nothing to do with it.

I think the US should mind its own f*ing business for once. What have these senseless wars ever accomplished besides killing innocent people and fueling the hate towards the US?

For every innocent child killed I imagine 5 new "radical" anti-American militants are created. How would you feel if Russia dropped a bomb on someone they didn't like and killed your children in the process? I don't understand why people over there are not allowed to object to such crimes as we all would object to them here.

I suppose you would refrain from helping a woman being raped because you didn't want the rapist's family to be mad at you.

false.  It is not his fault they are in Syria.  That is silly.

If we are going to go backwards, maybe we should go after whoever put Asaad and Hussein in power.  Or the Shaw of Iran. 

It is good to use history to learn and not repeat mistakes but not as a reason for apathy and it certainly provides zero solutions. 

I think maybe Rally was too young to vote then.

I actually voted for McCain in the 2000 California primary, probably would have been the same result though.  If not for those hanging chads in Florida...

Many of you might have been too young to remember this but as you can tell from the Hillary clip above, the case for military action was pretty compelling back then.  In hindsight yes it looks like we overreacted but at the time there was broad support for it.

There was widespread concern that 9/11 was just the first of who knows how many attacks, that terrorists had their hands on nukes, dirty bombs etc.  The thinking was we had to take the fight to them rather than sit here and wait for the next attack.  Part of the justification of course was WMD, nukes, etc, in Iraq and that was the consensus back then.  Saddam was a sworn enemy of the U.S., he'd made an assassination attempt on GHWB, on and on.  I don't know how many international intelligence organizations, like maybe 16 separate organizations concluded there were WMD.