• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OFFICIAL DUCKS - KINGS SERIES THREAD

Was at the Angels game Saturday night with some pretty good seats -- Club Level up behind the plate -- but had the Kings radio broadcast on of Game One and was listening to that in my ear.....folks next to me were a family split between Ducks and Kings loyalty (a lot of that going on I'm sure).......about spilled my drink when the Kings tied it with SEVEN seconds left........and then did spill my drink when the KIngs scored the game winner in OT..........gal next to me (Ducks fan) was a good spirit.

Huge win for the Kings -- Kings seemed to be pretty successful on the penalty kill.......unlike baseball, I am not used to listening to hockey on radio and very seldom do so -- the 1150 AM signal was lousy inside the Big A so it was tough to hear at times -- and then, oh yes, there was a ballgame going on..........so it's sort of tough to get a read (on a hockey radio broadcast) of which team is really pushing the plays and dominating the ice......just seemed to me that Kings were on the penalty kill a lot and that Quick was blocking a lot of shots and had a large number of stops.

Radio broadcast and press reports say it was pretty much a Duck crowd by about a 4 to 1 margin which is to be expected.......I guess there was some effort to have Kings fans sort of take over the Honda Center and that certainly didn't happen........

Win in Game ONE, Huge for the LA Kings......feeling better about their chances in this series.

They were the better team the whole game, hit multiple posts, yet were still winning with 10 secs left. They gave this game away, it was theirs to win and they blew it.

i disagree that they "gave it away'. the Kings tied it up on a fluke goal, not because someone missed an assignment or was sloppy. the gwg went in off the post and then the back of hiller. again, not the result of someone who wasn't doing their job.

i disagree that they "gave it away'. the Kings tied it up on a fluke goal, not because someone missed an assignment or was sloppy. the gwg went in off the post and then the back of hiller. again, not the result of someone who wasn't doing their job.

Well they were 7 seconds away from winning, all they had to do was clear the puck once, and they had chances to, so I would consider that giving away the game. Whatever, like I said yesterday, if they keep playing like way they did, I am confident they will win the series.

Where the Ducks dominated was in two areas: true scoring chances and number of hits.

The first came partly from the second.

The takeaways and giveaways were similar, and the Kings won 6 more face offs.

The Kings fended off a hard but clean hitting game from the Ducks. That was huge.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Damn. Tickets are in the mid 80s for tonight. So tempting.

That's it?!?!  Pull the trigger!

Oh!  And if anyone else is going to the game, you better leave for the arena at like 2pm.  With the Ducks/Kings and Angels/Yanks both starting at 7pm, traffic is going to be horrific!

That's it?!?! Pull the trigger!

Oh! And if anyone else is going to the game, you better leave for the arena at like 2pm. With the Ducks/Kings and Angels/Yanks both starting at 7pm, traffic is going to be horrific!

My gf works at the John hancock building (across from hooters) free parking for either sport all the tkme. Waahoo! Edited by nando714

Do you go alone? Jw

Normally I have a friend or two who joins me. I just bought a single for 69 bucks. I've gone to a few games myself and usually just make friends with the fans around me. I feel a little weird going to hockey games alone. I go to baseball games all the time by myself. I enjoy it more honestly.