• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OFFICIAL DUCKS - KINGS SERIES THREAD

Wow... I'd hoped for the Kings to get a split in Anaheim; this is huge.  Quickie is back to stealing games again.

So, I was railroaded to go to Solvang for a wine-tasting trip overnight Sat...  I agreed on the condition that I be planted in a bar showing Game-1.  We went to the "Solvang Brewing Company" and found a table near a tv with the Kings game on (instead of the Clippers; I love how everybody's a Clippers fan now!).  The 2nd period is starting, and three dudes sit down at the table next to us and one of them is wearing a Ducks hat.  Of course, I had to ask how a Ducks fan comes to be hanging-out North of LA County?!  They were here for the Solvang beer-fest, so we all became fast friends. I told him about how I grew up a Kings fan, but was rooting for Selanne too, and he told me that he is probably the only Ducks/Raiders fan in existence...  We bet a beer on the game, and had a great time rooting.  I could see that he thought he was in trouble when the Kings tied-it with 7 seconds to go..  As the rest of the place exploded when Gabby tipped-in the OT winner, I looked over and the Ducks fan was gone.  A few minutes later, a round of shots appeared for our table..

The Kings will need to slow down the Ducks transition to stay in the series. Crank the physicality up again and pile on the bruises as the series goes on. I expect the Staples ice to be especially bad to help this out. 

Who knew the Honda Center would help too with poor ice? I guess an assist to the LA Kiss?

Its been a while since I've seen a team allow only what 15 or so SOG and feel like they got bent over. Getzlaf and Perry have been no shows. Beleskey needs to stay out of the ****ing box. Winnik needs to get back in the lineup for the PK and forecheck. I'm just ****ing disgusted. Quick is stealing these games and its pissing me off. Yet another game we could easily have 5 or 6 goals. Lift the damn puck, Ducks. That's all you need to do.

Lift the damn puck, Ducks. That's all you need to do.

If I had a nickle every time I read a fan on the boards of teams the Kings are facing say this exact thing I'd at least be able to get lunch. The Ducks did try in game one but kept missing the net glove side high which is Quick's weakness since obviously he plays the odds on lower shots. It's obviously way harder said than done.

Edited by Thomas Crow

Its been a while since I've seen a team allow only what 15 or so SOG and feel like they got bent over. Getzlaf and Perry have been no shows. Beleskey needs to stay out of the ****ing box. Winnik needs to get back in the lineup for the PK and forecheck. I'm just ****ing disgusted. Quick is stealing these games and its pissing me off. Yet another game we could easily have 5 or 6 goals. Lift the damn puck, Ducks. That's all you need to do.

it's so weird to read these thoughts because we are seeing things from a completely different perspective. my read is that the Kings are beyond lucky to have Quick in goal because the ducks are pressing the play really hard, and a mere mortal might not be as effective as Quick. it seems that the ducks forechecking has been absolutely brilliant because the kings have consistently had trouble getting the puck out of their own end where the ducks have put a tremendous amount of pressure on them. i'm worried that the kings aren't going to be able to overcome the intense pressure the ducks are putting on them. thank goodness for our defense and our goalie, otherwise this series wouldn't give me much reason to feel hopeful.

Edited by Tank

The important thing the Kings have done is to prevent the Ducks from setting up in front of Quick. 

Quick is seeing a lot of shots, but mostly straight on without any screening out.  

Even the face offs went the Ducks way in game 2, along with the number of shots and hits.

Quick, Kopi, Gabby, and keeping the Ducks out of the crease have all been big keys so far.

Having Schultz stepping in for Regehr was big too.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Yep, no adjustments were made. What the Ducks were doing in the first wasn't working yet they kept doing it in the third. 

Yeah, I'm baffled that a coach with such a great post-season resume would fail to make the proper adjustments (yes, I'm going to continue beating the dead horse). 

That was a hilarious vid of Perry "rinsing" Carters' glove!  Of course, if he does that to someone who's not his pal...

It's cracking me up how many Ducks fans comments include, " I turned it off.." or "I gave up after.."  Really?!  We just saw a historical comeback last round; anything can happen in the NHL playoffs.  Don't jump ship.

That was a hilarious vid of Perry "rinsing" Carters' glove!  Of course, if he does that to someone who's not his pal...

It's cracking me up how many Ducks fans comments include, " I turned it off.." or "I gave up after.."  Really?!  We just saw a historical comeback last round; anything can happen in the NHL playoffs.  Don't jump ship.

and the Ducks had some pretty amazing comebacks this season.