• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OFFICIAL DUCKS - KINGS SERIES THREAD

Kings in 6.

Are Ducks fans still too young to remember the days when it was ESPN (with the likes of the late Tom Mees, Doc Emrick, and Bill Clement) that created an additional channel (ESPN2) for the amount of hockey they used to broadcast?  Anyway, the ESPN odds are probably based on current events, like recent playoff success (*Cups).

They should also remember that they were spawned by the success/growth of hockey in California due to the Kings and some guy named Gretzky.

During the Kings '93 run, the Angels players were wearing Kings hats after games and asking reporters about the Kings chances during their interviews.

Just the facts here; I'm impressed at how hockey-literate Ducks fans have become since I attended a few of their games in the inaugural-season.

I'm rooting for the Kings in this one.  It will be a great, long series and I hope they play it clean, with no cheap-shots.  The rest of the hockey world will be tuned-in to watch this first-ever meeting!  They will be treated to a showing of offensive and goaltending skill.  The Kings certainly have the confidence and momentum, but there is a lot to be said for the Ducks having the healthy, rested bodies.  I hope the winner gets out fairly healthy and ready to bring the Cup back to California!

Yes, the Kings did some back from 0-3. You guys did that against the biggest choke artists known to sports though. We have some momentum in our camp too ya know. Coming back from 2 down in the final 2 minutes on the road and win it on OT. I'm pretty sure the Ducks are on a good high too. Like many have said in here, I'm just hoping for a clean series of good ole fashioned hockey. It'll be the series to watch in Round 2 for sure. Wish we could have these games outdoors and sell more tickets lol.

The Ducks were 2 min away from a game 7 themselves.

Why so confident?

Kings need to be physical. The first few games they were simply punked by the sharks imo. During their comeback you can see they were the ones doing the hitting.

Keep pounding

yes. ESPN was hockey central back in the day -- I used to like it when Gary Thorne did the ESPN games -- one of the better hockey PBP guys around -- of course I'm partial to Bob Miller.

Gary Thorne is now doing PBP for the Baltimore Orioles -- didn't realize that.

Thorne not doing a regular hockey gig is a sin.

The Ducks were 2 min away from a game 7 themselves.

Why so confident?

Kings need to be physical. The first few games they were simply punked by the sharks imo. During their comeback you can see they were the ones doing the hitting.

Keep pounding

We're confident due to the fact we were the best in the west in the regular season, 4-0-1 against the Kings during the season, and dominated the Pacific Division all season. The PP is finally kicking into gear and all of our lines are scoring. We have made incredible comebacks all season long. I can keep going if you'd like.

We're confident due to the fact we were the best in the west in the regular season, 4-0-1 against the Kings during the season, and dominated the Pacific Division all season. The PP is finally kicking into gear and all of our lines are scoring. We have made incredible comebacks all season long. I can keep going if you'd like.

Preach! 

Nah, save your breath; you might have some Ducks highlights to cheer for!  Just kidding, don't call me names.

The Ducks were dominant in the regular-season, but the Stars showed them to be human when they tied the series at two.  The Kings bring more quality and playoff experience than the Stars did.

Settle-in for a nice, long, hard-hitting series.

& also given the playoff problems of the Sharks, the Sharks were probally more like an 8th seed team than Dallas.

Sharks are the only franchise to have both of these:

2009 playoffs the Sharks enter with the presidents trophy & choke on it to the 8th seed Ducks.

2014 playoffs the Sharks have a 3-0 series lead to the Kings & choke on it losing 4 games in a row to lose the series.

Captain "Jumbo" Joe Thornton has been the Sharks captain in both those series.

Nah, save your breath; you might have some Ducks highlights to cheer for!  Just kidding, don't call me names.

The Ducks were dominant in the regular-season, but the Stars showed them to be human when they tied the series at two.  The Kings bring more quality and playoff experience than the Stars did.

Settle-in for a nice, long, hard-hitting series.

So you count us out due to the fact we let Dallas win two home games? Really? Really? Come on, man. You're better than this. Guess Chicago is a pretender too by that logic.

Also, you act as if the Ducks have never been to the playoffs before and don't know what to expect lol. We have a lot of young talent, but we also have proven playoff veterans too.

Edited by Cory

Is anyone else loving the Cory, LB trash talk here?  I know I am.  

I know I'm one of the few, but I will be rooting for which ever team wins this series to win the cup.  I have no real hatred toward the Kings since we have never really played an important game against them.  Now, this series could change my view on that, we will see.

Ducks in 7 in 3OT just before midnight on Friday at the Honda Center.

Right, they won in 6.

It took the Ducks 6 games to win their series? Thought they would have done it in 4. We know the Kings suck so it is no surprise that it took 7 games for them to finish off the Sharks.

Btw this will be my only trash talking due to the fact I don't know if I really expect the Kings to win this series. Should be a good one.

Edited by Kevin

What have you done for me lately bob

2 gold medals and a Hart winner.

FFS, the Ducks core has more playoff experience than the Kings do in their tenure. I don't get where this "Kings have more playoff experience and know how to win" bs came from. Just cus you won a Cup 2 years ago and then get smoked in the WCF by Chicago last year that apparently makes you the playoff vets lol. Give me a break. You know.. Cus we don't have Getzlaf, Perry, Beauch, Teemu, Lovejoy with Cups/shit load of Cup experience.

Is anyone else loving the Cory, LB trash talk here?  I know I am.  

I know I'm one of the few, but I will be rooting for which ever team wins this series to win the cup.  I have no real hatred toward the Kings since we have never really played an important game against them.  Now, this series could change my view on that, we will see.

Ducks in 7 in 3OT just before midnight on Friday at the Honda Center.

Its not trash talk. I'm just calling out his flawed logic lol.

Kings in 6.

Are Ducks fans still too young to remember the days when it was ESPN (with the likes of the late Tom Mees, Doc Emrick, and Bill Clement) that created an additional channel (ESPN2) for the amount of hockey they used to broadcast?  Anyway, the ESPN odds are probably based on current events, like recent playoff success (*Cups).

They should also remember that they were spawned by the success/growth of hockey in California due to the Kings and some guy named Gretzky.

During the Kings '93 run, the Angels players were wearing Kings hats after games and asking reporters about the Kings chances during their interviews.

Just the facts here; I'm impressed at how hockey-literate Ducks fans have become since I attended a few of their games in the inaugural-season.

I'm rooting for the Kings in this one.  It will be a great, long series and I hope they play it clean, with no cheap-shots.  The rest of the hockey world will be tuned-in to watch this first-ever meeting!  They will be treated to a showing of offensive and goaltending skill.  The Kings certainly have the confidence and momentum, but there is a lot to be said for the Ducks having the healthy, rested bodies.  I hope the winner gets out fairly healthy and ready to bring the Cup back to California!

\I am well aware that ESPN covered the NHL for many years. But since they lost the contract, they no longer cover the sport nearly as much. The only time they do, they bring in Barry Melrose to yap about a couple of things and that's it. Rarely a highlight during the regular season on SC.

But now we are supposed to take into consideration their entire staff predictions? Please. They haven't watched West Coast Hockey all season long but now their opinion on this series matters? HA!

I pay more attention to NBC and NHL network predictions and breakdowns. And even those are not based on much fact because they don't watch West Coast hockey either.

Any thoughts on the Emrick/Olczyk/McGuire announcing team on NBCSN?

I loved Gary Thorne's work for years, but also like this current NBCSN team. Emrick had many years experience previous as the Devils' announcer on MSG, and paints a good picture while doing the play-by-play. And of course, they being the NBCSN announcing team who was there when the Kings hoisted the Cup doesn't hurt.