• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OFFICIAL DUCKS - KINGS SERIES THREAD

Well, this shows how the value of the regular season series results as a gauge for the playoffs.

Ducks won 4 or 5 or something like that vs. Kings this year in the regular season -- the big marquee outdoor game at Dodger Stadium was a game dominated by the Ducks.

and here we are in Game 7.........with about five minutes left and a 4 goal lead for the Kings.......

this was a great series for S. Cal. hockey.......

of course I'm loving the result -- it's too bad Game 7 was so anti-climatic but quite frankly, after SIX elimination games so far in the Cup playoffs this year, the Kings fans could use a breather of a game.

Nice tribute to Selanne at the end there........

Now the big question - if the Ducks won tonight, I would have been rooting for the Ducks to win the Cup -- Ducks fans?? Are you with the Kings all the way now??

Giving up 6 goals to that joke of an offense is embarrassing, especially in game 7.

Kings deserved it though - they clearly outplayed the Ducks. I can see them going all the way, legitimately this time. Their last cup was a fluke Cinderella run, but they are battle tested now. No team in the east stands a chance, and the hawks are beatable.

gmjr for anze.

Well at least one good thing came from this series... AO is gone for a month hah.

Congrats to the Kings. They wanted it more and actually backed up their talk. The Ducks talk talk talk and never actually do it. Turning into the ****ing Sharks. Absolutely embarrassing to see this team get completely dominated 2 straight years at home in a game 7. Perry and Getzlaf are ****ing worthless. Can't show up and come through in the big games when it matters. Just hope the Ducks manage to bring someone like Kesler on the team next season. Possibly Ryan Miller to give Andersen/Gibson another year or two of development. 7 ****ing seconds... 7 ****ing seconds and this series would have been over in 5 games. This one is going to sting for a long time.

Congrats Kings!  Now it's time for some retribution on the Hawks..

As a kings fan, I'm happy with the way Game-7 played-out tonight.  It was easier on the nerves while listening on the radio at work..  But, as a California hockey fan, I wished for a better game.   Still, it was a great first-ever Freeway-Faceoff series!  Lots of skill on display, especially from the Ducks ageless #8!

I thought that the Kings staying out on the ice in tribute of Teemu, was one of the best displays of sportsmanship I've seen in a long time.  It just goes to show what a classy person the NHL is going to be missing next year.  I would definitely have been rooting for him to lift the Cup, had the Ducks won this game.  The Ducks and Teemu deserved better after such a great season, but I'm not apologizing for them running into the Kings.

As far as Game-7, it sounded like the Kings just came-out firing on all cylinders tonight.  Offense, defense, and Quickie.  I saw an interview with Justin Williams, where he talked about the intangibles of Game-7's and said he wanted to score first...

I was happy to see that almost all fans last night handled themselves well. I am sure that was very hard to sit there and watch for many Ducks fans and many did leave early. Eventhough they were getting slaughtered, I don't know how you could leave early and not cheer your team and Selanne off the ice after the game. Really cool to watch the Kings honor him after the game.

Ok, I am coming out of mourning now.  Great series that was capped off in a very anticlimactic fashion.  I really hope we get the rematch next year.  2 game 7 losses at home in 2 years is brutal.  Good luck to the Kings, I hope you beat the Blackhawks and face the Rangers in the finals.  A little NY vs. LA will be good for the NHL.