• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OFFICIAL DUCKS - KINGS SERIES THREAD

Was finally able to watch the game at my friends, the kings fans house.  What a great game.  All around the Ducks took away the shot.  They rallied around their young goaltender, and gave him every shot at winning.  Especially Getz blocking the wide open net.  

Kings I thought played well, but not physical enough.  

Oh, and the Kings fan agreed.  If Hiller started, the Ducks would have lost.  Even they know that they have Hillers number.

Funny thing last night

About 15 minutes before puck dropped I was going to the restroom. Our seats were in PR3 last night. I'm using the urinal. A guy walks up to use the one next to me.

As I was zipping up I noticed it was Luc Robitaille! As we were washing our hands I straight told him "I can't believe I was using the urinals with you" he started laughing. My gf was waiting outside and she was just as surprised. He was definitely a cool guy. He signed our jerseys and took a pic with my gf and I. We were both super shocked.

I'd post pics but this website always says "file too big"

Bleh. Weak game from the Kings tonight. Gibson made some amazing saves and the Ducks blocked a crap ton of shots. Still, if anything... it feels like the Kings forgot to show up.

a lot of Kings shots came from bad angles and had very little chance of going in. they have had trouble with their passing also, with lots of passes just being out of reach, or going to the backhand instead of the forehand. little things that can have a big impact. they still need to figure out how to get better, higher quality shots.

had a fun experience last night on Facebook. i have recently joined a page called The Lions Den (For Kings Fans Only!). someone, definitely a rose-colored glasses kind of guy, said that he couldn't believe the Kings were shut-out "by the weak-ass ducks". i came to your defense, fellas, and pointed out, quite politely, that the ducks are a good team and have played a very good series. this didn't set well with the really mature guys on this page, so they started talking nonsense, like the kings weren't trying, and there's no way we should be shut out by a rookie, etc. Again, i wasn't trying to start anything, but i can't stand fans who think their team should play flawlessly all game every game and go undefeated, and that any loss is because of incompetence, never crediting the winning team with having played better.

well, after a couple more exchanges, they accused me of being a ducks fan and then promptly banned me from their page. 

i guess fair discussion isn't part of their Facebook charter.

rookie goalie makes NHL debut in MUST WIN Stanley Cup playoff game situation and shuts out the Kings --- get outta here!!

I didn't see the game (was out and about elsewhere Saturday evening) and read about in this morning's paper.

Gibson's career is over -- how does he top that debut?  All downhill from here.......LOL!!!

Funny thing last night

About 15 minutes before puck dropped I was going to the restroom. Our seats were in PR3 last night. I'm using the urinal. A guy walks up to use the one next to me.

As I was zipping up I noticed it was Luc Robitaille! As we were washing our hands I straight told him "I can't believe I was using the urinals with you" he started laughing. My gf was waiting outside and she was just as surprised. He was definitely a cool guy. He signed our jerseys and took a pic with my gf and I. We were both super shocked.

I'd post pics but this website always says "file too big"

That's not what Luc Robitaille said last night.  

Man, you guys are slow.

Classy Ducks fans chiming-in about Dustin Brown..

Gibson was very good.. and lucky.  He threw his catching glove up and made a last-ditch-effort save on Gaby.  That save might have had the Kings squeezing their sticks a bit more tightly, but to say he's the savior of the Ducks is a stretch; the defense played very well in front of him.  We'll see if your new #1 holds-up..

Luck is about to run out for Gibby

Again the kings core has been there and have had their backs against the wall. It seems they play their best when they're not supposed too. Look for the big guns to show up tonight...

Edited by nando714

Again the kings core has been there and have had their backs against the wall. It seems they play their best when they're not supposed too. Look for the big guns to show up tonight...

What did the Kings draw on in 2012 when the core HADN'T been there before?

Care to elaborate on the "luck" Gibson had last game?

Classy Ducks fans chiming-in about Dustin Brown..

Gibson was very good.. and lucky. He threw his catching glove up and made a last-ditch-effort save on Gaby. That save might have had the Kings squeezing their sticks a bit more tightly, but to say he's the savior of the Ducks is a stretch; the defense played very well in front of him. We'll see if your new #1 holds-up..

Oh, you mean classy like when the Kings fans booed Andersen when he went down with an injury?