• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OFFICIAL DUCKS - KINGS SERIES THREAD

Ducks should destroy them.

The key is to not do what the Sharks tried to do - outplay the Kings at their own game (slow, defensive, etc).

If they Ducks just play their typical up-tempo high skill game they will be fine.

But who knows. The Kings are definitely built for the playoffs, and they have proven that luck at the right time can take you far (see their entire cup run).

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way.

Both teams will have a tough time vs the Hawks tho - they are so good when they are on.

Most of the tickets for Game 1 sold out. Now its just Stubhub type places. Hopefully Ducks fans scoop them up and keep the trash out.  ;)

so you're not going to game 1? bummer.

:o 

Can I report someone being a little b*tch?

I kid, I kid.

It appears you may get plenty of opportunities.  

However, being a little bitch is not against AW rules. 

(Hmm ... we may need to fix that.)

Ducks should destroy them.

The key is to not do what the Sharks tried to do - outplay the Kings at their own game (slow, defensive, etc).

If they Ducks just play their typical up-tempo high skill game they will be fine.

But who knows. The Kings are definitely built for the playoffs, and they have proven that luck at the right time can take you far (see their entire cup run).

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way.

Both teams will have a tough time vs the Hawks tho - they are so good when they are on.

The Sharks certainly didn't go into the series playing that style. It was the fast pace style that led them to their first three wins. The Kings would drive deep into the zone with their forecheck and before they knew it were caught when the Sharks stretched the rink the other way and had approximately a million odd man chances.  I'm not sure if the Sharks were unable to keep up the pace during and after game 4, unwilling, or if the Kings were able to assert their will on the game. Certainly they made it much harder for the Sharks to move the puck effectively in the neutral zone but the Sharks were just slow to the puck in every zone. All the hits between the teams may have had some influence in this I suppose but it hardly seems a complete answer. Without the transition game, and with an ineffectual power play, they couldn't generate enough offense against Quick.

The Kings will need to slow down the Ducks transition to stay in the series. Crank the physicality up again and pile on the bruises as the series goes on. I expect the Staples ice to be especially bad to help this out. You know with the NBA playoffs going on, what are you going to do?  ;) Unfortunately I'm afraid that assuming the Kings don't get wiped out that this series will take enough out of both teams to give the Blackhawks more than they need to clean up the leftovers.

I think a lot of us are in the same boat that live in OC.  But GO DUCKS GO!  You really can't go back again once you have made that change. 

Everyone thinks the Kings have the momentum because of their historic win but the Ducks had their share of drama getting to this point as well.

If you truly followed the Kings early on you would have been too invested in the Kings to switch over to the Ducks. I don't hate the Ducks really but I could never find myself following them and having a true connection to them. Too many memories with my dad watching the Kings and going to the Forum to watch them play.

As for this series, it is going to be a good one. Quick needs to play like he did the last four games in order to beat the Ducks.

I don' dislike the Ducks - I root for them when they aren't playing the Kings (and when their win doesn't affect the Kings seeding)....

But I've a long time Kings fan -- this Kings-Ducks series is hockey heaven for S. Cal hockey fans and a long time in coming.

Ducks have, quite honestly, owned the Kings in the head to head games this year and pretty much out-played them,

Kings can't just not show up for two games like they did in Round One vs. San Jose and expect to pull out a series win.

Kings pretty much need to win Game One to win this series........Ducks am sure are favored but have heard pundits on the NHL channel saying otherwise -- not sure why -- East Coast folks (like ESPN and everything else) probably didn't see even one Kings-Ducks game this year -- the big show case game -- the Dodger Stadium game -- was pretty much all Ducks......they just dominated the game.

GO KINGS GO!!

I have tickets to the Rangers/ Angels game Saturday night as part of my premium seating mini-season ticket package and I plan to attend.

What are the chances (zero to none?) that the Angels will flash some updates (like video highlight stuff) on the big screen of that HUGE GAME ONE being played right across the street.

It would be great if the Angels did that..........Memo to Tim Mead -- Halos could score some real points here!!!

If the Kings go up 1-0 in the game and they flash a video highlight at the Big A -- whaddya think -- all groans or about mixed response?

I think there are more Kings fans there than folks realize.........probably 3 to 1 Ducks fans.....

Kings pretty much need to win Game One to win this series........Ducks am sure are favored but have heard pundits on the NHL channel saying otherwise -- not sure why -- East Coast folks (like ESPN and everything else) probably didn't see even one Kings-Ducks game this year -- the big show case game -- the Dodger Stadium game -- was pretty much all Ducks......they just dominated the game.

The Ducks won the regular-season series by taking four out of five games, including the Dodger Stadium outdoor event, but it is doubtful they'll be picked by most people to knock out a playoff-savvy Kings team.

Yeah I think most talking heads literally saw the Kings win last and with that image in their head declared them favorites. I guess this will just give Anaheim bulletin board material. 

Seriously? The "experts" at ESPN are 10 to 3 in favor of the Kings moving on (and the 3 that voted Ducks all have it at 7 games). I mean disregard Melrose for the homer pick I guess. Forgetting team allegiances for a moment, is this the sports version of shiny objects?

The words ESPN and Experts should never be in the same sentence regarding hockey.

Nearly everyone is taking the Kings. Wtf do I care? Like someone said on the previous page, its just bulletin board material for the Ducks to come out and do what they did all regular season against the Kings. No matter what happens in this series it'll be one for the ages. Probably the most electric series in team history next to our Cup run.

This is as heated as I will get towards the Ducks.

GKG!   Beat the Dorks! (err Ducks)

As an expansion era fan of the Kings, and amongst others on that expansion team was Chris Jericho's dad, I think I have earned that smack talk.

Edited by Angel Oracle

don't hate the ducks at all. don't follow them very closely but know who everyone is. if they advance, i don't know if i would root for them.

should be a good series. if the Kings keep playing like they have the last four games, i like their chances very much.

Going to be interesting if the Kings can keep the intensity of the past five games going -- I say FIVE -- because I thought the Kings played very well in Game Three vs. the Sharks and a bad bounce had the game going the other way in OT........that's what made Game Three such a tough loss -- the Kings played well and still wound up 0-3 in the series in a MUST WIN game.

The Ducks/ Kings that I watched this year pretty much were dominated by the Ducks who at certain times during the series seemed to have such speed on the ice, they looked like some of the better Detroit Red Wing teams of recent years -- seems to me that the top Detroit teams of recent years have speed on the ice not easily matched by others -- that's how the Ducks looked to me in several of the Kings-Ducks games this year.......Ducks just seemed to dominate and have the Kings' number all season long.

Hopefully the Kings have made a Stanley Cup resurgence and will be a different team in this series.

As for ESPN pundits -- doubt that any of them stayed up late enough to watch any of the Kings-Ducks games and if they only watched the Outdoor Series Kings-Ducks game at Dodger Stadium, you'd think they'd be projecting a Ducks sweep.