• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels just traded Vernon Wells to NYY

Chuck

Wow this is big news.  So now who's the goat?

Depends on the poster.  But Bourjos, Kendrick, Callaspo, Aybar, Pujols, Hamilton, Blanton, Hanson, Wilson, Vargas and Trumbo will be high on the list. Weaver and Trout will also be on the list.  Along with Scioscia and Butcher.  Other than that, maybe one or two other people.

I would love to see the posts here if this deal falls apart now, and / or he fails his physical

It would be pretty epic if the Angels end up backing out of the deal at the last second. Kinda like a role reversal of the Haren for Marmol trade, in which the Cubs backed out at the 11th hour and Cubs fans were super pissed.

So is it 13 million Saved and minor leaguers? What is the terms?

Yanks are responsible for $13m of the contract. This does not mean the Yanks are paying him $6.5m/yr. Instead they are allocating almost all of the $13m to the 2013 season for luxury tax reasons. This helps the Yanks keep their luxury tax threshold lower for 2014.

Yanks are responsible for $13m of the contract. This does not mean the Yanks are paying him $6.5m/yr. Instead they are allocating almost all of the $13m to the 2013 season for luxury tax reasons. This helps the Yanks keep their luxury tax threshold lower for 2014.

i know that information was posted by some national writer, but i think it's incorrect. i believe that the luxury tax is calculated by using average annual salary. this would prevent teams from messing with their tax liabilities. i believe when you see differences in annual avg salary within a player's contract that the purpose is serving the teams payroll projections and not actually luxury tax obligations or threshholds.

I love this classic example of East Coast Bias in mlb.com's write up:

He's exactly the type of player who could find a comfort zone on a contending team. In similar situations, others have been invigorated by the environment and reborn by the lineup. That could be exactly what happened to Ichiro Suzuki after the Yankees acquired him last summer.

How long do you think it's going to take the national writers to realize that being traded from the Angels to the Yankees means a likely trade from a first place team to a last place team?

I love this classic example of East Coast Bias in mlb.com's write up:

How long do you think it's going to take the national writers to realize that being traded from the Angels to the Yankees means a likely trade from a first place team to a last place team?

I hear you but the Yankees won their division last season and the Angels might as well have finished last.

Let's play ball first before we make assumptions.