• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels just traded Vernon Wells to NYY

Chuck

Say it ain't so...Wells gone? Never thought I'd see the day. How are they going to replace this:

I feel it's only fitting that we send Vernon off with the most memorable moment of his Angels' career. 

kinsler091812.gif

Seriously though, I hope Vernon does well with the Yankees he's a good guy. 

Say it ain't so...Wells gone? Never thought I'd see the day. How are they going to replace this:

Seriously though, I hope Vernon does well with the Yankees he's a good guy. 

I hope so.  But then again Torii and Abreu was also.  And they decided to throw some matches on the way out.  So we shall see.

I hope so.  But then again Torii and Abreu was also.  And they decided to throw some matches on the way out.  So we shall see.

I can understand Torii's position from what we know about it, the team wasn't exactly honest with him. Abreu was just delusional about how much he had left in the tank, dude was done after 09.

If I was sure that Wells was not going to be the starter this year, and he was just going to get spot starts or be insurance in case some one was injured then I would have been happy to keep him on the team.  Since that would never be a guarantee with Scioscia, then I am glad he has been traded. 

I can understand Torii's position from what we know about it, the team wasn't exactly honest with him. Abreu was just delusional about how much he had left in the tank, dude was done after 09.

I don't think the team was dishonest with Torii, I just think they had money allocated for Greinke and once that wasn't going to happen, Torii was already gone and they decided to go after the best offensive free agent.

I like Vernon.  Good guy yet I want him nowhere near the lineup.  Even in spot starts.  Especially don't want him starting if someone gets hurt.  I honestly believe that Calhoun could provide as much value in those situations plus, I am more interested in seeing Kole play and potentially develop.  I also like the potential flexibility of a Bill Hall as a util guy.