• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels just traded Vernon Wells to NYY

Chuck

I honestly don't love this trade. Vernon didn't seem bothered about being a bench player, and as one, he's actually pretty good (despite the $$ obviously). I just hope we're getting a pitcher back who will have an impact this year. Otherwise I don't see the point of this trade.

I agree. I don't love this and it does not sound as if we're getting anything worthy in return other than getting under the luxury tax threshold.

I honestly don't love this trade.  Vernon didn't seem bothered about being a bench player, and as one, he's actually pretty good (despite the $$ obviously).  I just hope we're getting a pitcher back who will have an impact this year.  Otherwise I don't see the point of this trade.

the point is to get him off the roster and to hopefully save a few million. He doesn't provide anything that can't be easily replaced

Vernon didn't seem bothered about being a bench player, and as one, he's actually pretty good (despite the $$ obviously). 

You are correct. He is probably the best bench player the Angels have ever had.

As far as playing, he looked lost out there every time the ball came near him.

Don't underestimate the value of even $1 million. If no on-the-field value comes out of this (and the team is no worse), then saving $4-5 million and possibly getting under the luxury cap is a good deal. I'm not getting a huge rise out of it, since "it's not my money," but some people will be happy simply having Wells off the team. Billionaires don't get rich by spending millions of dollars when they don't have to.