• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Well, if Tywin Lannister wasn't an option for taking out King Joffrey (and Jamie can't be King), my money is on that old biddy Grandma Tyrell.  The way she openly talked about the deaths of Sansa's mother and brother right in front of Joffrey makes her seem like a pretty good candidate.  Although, now that I'm thinking about it, why did that dude whisk Sansa away so quickly?

Ok, so LittleFinger is the brains behind Joffrey's killing. I thought it was odd that we had not seen him yet.

What is his motivation now? It used to be that he thought he would get in good with Katheryn Stark, but he must know that she is dead.

If I remember correctly, he didn't have a hard on for her but rather was trying to move pieces around to better position himself. I think at one point they were suppose to marry but then he just took off to marry the Stark sister with the annoying kid. It will be cool to see how that side plays out. Lord Balish (sp?) is one of the most gnar back stabbers....I still remember his speech/words to Ned when they decided to kill him.

I also trip out seeing him and thinking of his mayor character on The Wire.

Everything Baelish does is to give himself more power or at least set himself up to have it. It goes into more detail in the books but in a nut shell, he comes from a rather minor family who didn't have a lot of power so he now craves it. It's why he betrayed Ned Stark, and why he's off to marry Lysa Tully, and why he does pretty much everything he does. He's a master manipulator and his plans are very well thought out. Go back and watch his monologue to Varys in the throne room last season. He's an amazing character.

By the way, I loved how Tywin quickly moved in on Tommen to make sure Cersei doesn't get a chance to influence him.

Well, if Tywin Lannister wasn't an option for taking out King Joffrey (and Jamie can't be King), my money is on that old biddy Grandma Tyrell.  The way she openly talked about the deaths of Sansa's mother and brother right in front of Joffrey makes her seem like a pretty good candidate.  Although, now that I'm thinking about it, why did that dude whisk Sansa away so quickly?

Olenna Tyrell is responsible for poisoning Joffrey in the book and you can see her subtly removing a crystal from Sansa's necklace in last week's episode. I'd murder the little bastard too if he married my granddaughter.

I will be very disappointed if they don't resurrect Catelyn Stark. She was one of my favorite parts of the book and played an integral part in the Brotherhood Without Banners. I could see her big reveal serving as the season cliffhanger

Yeah, that scene with Tywin and Tommen was epic. Just straight up put Joffrey on blast in front of his mother. Ballsy.

Tywin is a powerful man and feared by a lot of people. I think he was the only person Joffrey feared. One of my favorite scenes of the entire show was when Joffrey summoned Tywin to the throne room so he could question him. Tywin wasn't going to be lectured by some boy and showed who had the power when he walked up the steps to the throne so that Joffrey was forced to look up to him while they spoke rather than the other way around.

I haven't seen any episodes or read any of this thread. Someone tell me why I should watch Game of Thrones.

Are their dragons, monsters, etc. ? Is it like Lord of the Rings?

I can see all of the episodes on my tablet via the Xfinity Player so I may start checking it out.  

There are dragons yes, but they are a thought to be extinct creature so there are only three. It's not like Lord of the Rings in terms of fantasy. There are no monsters or elves or any real mythological race or creatures outside of the three dragons. Magic is also very scarce. It does have fantasy elements but nothing to the extreme of Lord of the Rings.

You should watch it because the story is terrific and the shows production value rivals anything that comes out of Hollywood as a motion picture. It doesn't look like a TV show.

Edited by Chimi

There are dragons yes, but they are a thought to be extinct creature so there are only three. It's not like Lord of the Rings in terms of fantasy. There are no monsters or elves or any real mythological race or creatures outside of the three dragons. Magic is also very scarce. It does have fantasy elements but nothing to the extreme of Lord of the Rings.

You should watch it because the story is terrific and the shows production value rivals anything that comes out of Hollywood as a motion picture. It doesn't look like a TV show.

Cool, thanks I'll start checking it out. 

One of the best HBO shows since the Sopranos. It's season premier was the second highest rated show in HBO history since the Sopranos finale.

One of the best parts about this show is that no one is safe. Does not matter who it is, or how important they are, it could be anyone at anytime.

Chuck, do not try to pick it up now without starting from the beginning. This is one of the most detail oriented series, with about a dozen storylines going on at anytime. They are all connected, but not necessarily at that time. You really need to pay attention because something or someone from seasons past can pop up at any time.

The Red Wedding episode was one of the most shocking moments in the history of television.

One of the best HBO shows since the Sopranos. It's season premier was the second highest rated show in HBO history since the Sopranos finale.

One of the best parts about this show is that no one is safe. Does not matter who it is, or how important they are, it could be anyone at anytime.

Chuck, do not try to pick it up now without starting from the beginning. This is one of the most detail oriented series, with about a dozen storylines going on at anytime. They are all connected, but not necessarily at that time. You really need to pay attention because something or someone from seasons past can pop up at any time.

The Red Wedding episode was one of the most shocking moments in the history of television.

Great, thanks! I full intend on watching from the beginning.