• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

OK, we now know that Littlefinger poisoned Lysa's ex-husband, but what else was she trying to say before he shut her up with the kiss?

What was Locke planning to do with Bran?

a) My guess is keep anyone from over hearing. Lysa holds her title by marriage, not birthright.

B) Most likely take him back to Roose Bolton

I think it had to do with pretty much them lying to start the war.

I thought the episode was better than last weeks. Sansa finally escaped so there's that part that will expand. When Hodor killed that dude like it was nothing I literally said to my wife, "well that was anticlimactic."

Sansa didn't escape. She just went from one level of captivity to another.

The latest installment was slow moving.

I though it revealed a lot of details. The Littlefinger/Lysa reveal was huge, though I'm not sure how much TV viewers would catch the background story.

I was a little surprised they wrapped up the Karl stuff so quickly. That was a big veer from the book and bam...all of a sudden it's over.

I agree with Blarg on this one.  That poor character is just in one hell to another.

I wasn't a huge fan of this episode.  Dragonchick will never make it to kings landing at this pace.

Even the Arya part wasn't that interesting.  Maybe the Hound will teach her how to fight.

That would make sense considering he has his guy training Jamie. Of course if one loses then the other does as well. That would kill off two main characters in one duel. There is little likelihood of that although they did wipe out the main Stark storyline in one scene. I guess time will tell.

Here is a question for the book readers: What is the story with the Iron Bank? Who rules that? It seems that anyone would want to invade and sack that city for all the riches. If it cannot be beaten, then why aren't they in charge instead of Kings Landing?

Banks only rule through the control of money, not castles. Their assets can be loans instead of cash on hand. So to target their wealth is to target the entire realm. It would be like trying to rob the National Treasury, there is not really a physical bank full of gold and money to walk away with.

Braavos owns it and they are extremely powerful. You can't just walk into Braavos. It's made up of hundreds of islands and the only way to get there is by boat. Braavos has an extremely powerful Navy which would destroy pretty much any Navy outside of maybe the Greyjoy's.

Not sure if they will go into it in the show but the Iron Bank is extremely powerful and they run the bank through fear. There are many banks in Westeros but the Iron Bank is more wealthy and more powerful than all of them combined. If you dare cross them, they will see to it that you're dealt with by funding other armies to wipe you out. They are not to be messed with.

So Braavos is a place (i'm guessing that big city with the giant statue?), who is the king of Braavos? If not king who runs the city? Who are they in alliance with? Who have we seen in the last couple of seasons from Braavos?

Sorry for all the questions but this is why this thread rules, so us non-book readers can get this info from people like Chimi.

Yeah, that was Braavos in the beginning. They have no King but are ruled by the Sealord of Braavos. The Sealord is an appointed position in the city so there is no birth right to it. They aren't aligned with anyone and are considered one of the Free Cities. Their main purpose is trading so they don't take sides (unless you default on loans and they want their money).

The only guy on the show from Braavos I can think of is the fencing instructor that was teaching Arya how to use her sword back in season one. His name is escaping me at the moment.

A little tidbit that I know they won't go into on the show, but Braavos is part of what was once the Valyrian territory. Daenerys and the rest of the Targaryens are Valyrian. There was a nice reference to this in the show last night. When talking about Daenerys freeing slaves and having three dragons, Tywin said dragons haven't won a war in 500 years. That was when the Valyrian territory fell.

Edited by Chimi

Braavos owns it and they are extremely powerful. You can't just walk into Braavos. It's made up of hundreds of islands and the only way to get there is by boat. Braavos has an extremely powerful Navy which would destroy pretty much any Navy outside of maybe the Greyjoy's.

Not sure if they will go into it in the show but the Iron Bank is extremely powerful and they run the bank through fear. There are many banks in Westeros but the Iron Bank is more wealthy and more powerful than all of them combined. If you dare cross them, they will see to it that you're dealt with by funding other armies to wipe you out. They are not to be messed with.

So they are Bank of America?

Yeah, that was Braavos in the beginning. They have no King but are ruled by the Sealord of Braavos. The Sealord is an appointed position in the city so there is no birth right to it. They aren't aligned with anyone and are considered one of the Free Cities. Their main purpose is trading so they don't take sides (unless you default on loans and they want their money).

The only guy on the show from Braavos I can think of is the fencing instructor that was teaching Arya how to use her sword back in season one. His name is escaping me at the moment.

A little tidbit that I know they won't go into on the show, but Braavos is part of what was once the Valyrian territory. Daenerys and the rest of the Targaryens are Valyrian. There was a nice reference to this in the show last night. When talking about Daenerys freeing slaves and having three dragons, Tywin said dragons haven't won a war in 500 years. That was when the Valyrian territory fell.

Thanks Chimi. Pretty much the only reference to anything Valyrian is "valyrian steel" so I'm guessing the best sword makers and swordsmen (Arya's teacher) were from Braavos or the area around it?

Yeah, kind of.  Braavos is just part of what used to be Vylaria.  But like everything over 500 years, it changes and very little people with Valyrian descent still exist.  Valyrian steel on the other hand was created in Vylaria but when it fell, so did the knowledge of how to make it.  There is no one in Westeros that knows how to make Vylarian steel as it was created using magic and dragon's fire.

Edited by Chimi