• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

I don't think Tywin is an interested in the throne as you might think.  Tywin is more interested in keeping honor in the Lannister name and it was pretty obvious there was nothing honorable about Joffrey.  However, he did fight for Joffrey because he knew the Lannisters have a reputation and Tywin wasn't going to let that be ruined by some punk kid on the throne.  So what did Tywin do?  He essentially went into King's Landing and defeated Stannis' army from taking it over and the throne with it.  The reason Tywin has so much interest in Tommen is because he knows he can influence the boy much more positively than Cersei would.  We already seen what happens when she's allowed to meddle with her son and show him her way of things.

Tywin married off Tyrion for the sole reason he didn't want to lose Winterfell to the Tyrell's, which they were already planning to take.  If the Tyrell's controlled the North, they would also get their army which would make them much more powerful than Tywin Lannister would want.  The Lannister and Tyrell's don't like each other but they are willing to work together for their own benefits.  But don't think one wouldn't stab the other in the back if given the chance.  So because of this, Tywin pretty much beat them to the punch and forced Tyrion to marry Sansa.  This also made it so Tyrion was no longer the heir to Casterly Rock since he would need to go control the North.  With Jamie being part of the Kingsguard, Tyrion was rightful heir to the Lannister land once Tywin dies and he wasn't going to have any of that.

In short, with Tywin, it's about family.  He couldn't care less about whose ruling the kingdom.  But since it's his blood ruling it, he's going to make sure it's ruled the right way and so his name isn't dragged through the mud.  Family and lineage is very important in this story and Tywin is the epitome of honor to a family name.

He's so badass his weapon of choice is actually a spear/polearm.

By the way, is it just me or is this Mountain not as intimidating as the others? This guy is big but his face doesn't strike fear in you like the two other actors did.

There was no way they weren't going to have Lady Stoneheart...I would expect Brienne and Podrick to meet up with her in the last episode

That doesn't happen until the next book. I fully expect this season to end with her being resurrected in the last scene of the season.

What Cory said. I agree Chimi, he just looks like a big Ogre, nothing more. Reminds me of Andre The Giant.

In movies and shows we've seen guys like The Mountain. They're big and strong but slow as hell. I expected The Mountain who sounds like he's the most feared man in Westeros to be the "all of the above" kind of badass. He's definitely not.

Edited by TobiasFunke

This fight is going to rule because ever since Oberyn came to Westeros we've only known him as a suave badass that is only hinted that he's a great fighter but we've never actually seen him work with a sword. I have a feeling we'll see why they call him the Red Viper.

The show hasn't explored his character as thoroughly as the books did and he's going to meet an early death.

That doesn't happen until the next book. I fully expect this season to end with her being resurrected in the last scene of the season.

At this point I'd consider books 3-5 to be one big source of material they pick and choose from as they want. I could see your scene playing out, though I think they are going to (thankfully) cut out most of Brienne's wanderings. 

No doubt, Don. Every time I see Littlefinger I have flashbacks of Mayor Carcetti.

The Mountain looks like every other ogre hyped up that gets outwitted by a smarter and more athletic dude that is the opposite of a brute. This show pulls out the surprises, but The Mountain looks dispensable while Oberyn looks to play a key role, same with Tyerion who I doubt dies.