• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Yeah, that was Braavos in the beginning. They have no King but are ruled by the Sealord of Braavos. The Sealord is an appointed position in the city so there is no birth right to it. They aren't aligned with anyone and are considered one of the Free Cities. Their main purpose is trading so they don't take sides (unless you default on loans and they want their money).

The only guy on the show from Braavos I can think of is the fencing instructor that was teaching Arya how to use her sword back in season one. His name is escaping me at the moment.

A little tidbit that I know they won't go into on the show, but Braavos is part of what was once the Valyrian territory. Daenerys and the rest of the Targaryens are Valyrian. There was a nice reference to this in the show last night. When talking about Daenerys freeing slaves and having three dragons, Tywin said dragons haven't won a war in 500 years. That was when the Valyrian territory fell.

Arya's assassin friend on was from Braavos too. The Faceless Men come from there and are probably associated with the bank in some way. Also Braavos was never part of Valyria. It was founded by escaped slaves running away from the empire. 

Edited by Count Orlok

Arya's assassin friend on was from Braavos too. The Faceless Men come from there and are probably associated with the bank in some way. Also Braavos was never part of Valyria. It was founded by escaped slaves running away from the empire.

Braavos was founded by refugees trying to get away from the Valyrian Stronghold, you are correct.

Arya's assassin friend was from Lorath, which is another one of the nine free cities.

The Faceless Men are a group of assassins that worship the God of Death. They take on many different identities and are able to shapeshift. Haven't really gone into it much in the show, but we got a glimpse of it back in season 2. The assassin guy that granted Arya the three people he would kill for her when she was a servant of Tywin, changed his face after he offered to take her to Braavos.

Edited by Chimi

I really need to read the books

Shoot me your address and I'll send you the first 4 brand new in the box. I am not much of a book reader, and when I got them, I said forget about it.

i've also got the first four books in paperback that i'm willing to send to whomever.

that was a great great episode. 

chimi, syrio forel is who you're thinking of.

jaqen h'ger is the assassin arya befriended in season two.

jaqen has got to be the best bit part character of the series. 

Edited by Schildog

i've also got the first four books in paperback that i'm willing to send to whomever.

that was a great great episode. 

chimi, syrio forel is who you're thinking of.

jaqen h'ger is the assassin arya befriended in season two.

jaqen has got to be the best bit part character of the series. 

No joke man, I want him to come back.

For the book readers...

Any of you surprised Coldhands hasn't shown up yet?  I really like his character and expected him to show up last season and was surprised when he didn't.  Now this season is more than half way through and not even a mention of him.  I'm thinking they may have cut him out completely.

For the book readers...

Any of you surprised Coldhands hasn't shown up yet?  I really like his character and expected him to show up last season and was surprised when he didn't.  Now this season is more than half way through and not even a mention of him.  I'm thinking they may have cut him out completely.

He hasn't? I could have sworn he was at some point but I'm probably mistaken. I did check the awiof site and was reminded he was the one who originally killed off the deserters at Craster's Keep. Obviously they changed that story line some. I've always assumed he was Benjen Stark.

He hasn't? I could have sworn he was at some point but I'm probably mistaken. I did check the awiof site and was reminded he was the one who originally killed off the deserters at Craster's Keep. Obviously they changed that story line some. I've always assumed he was Benjen Stark.

They kind of referenced him with the crows that alerted Sam and Gilly that the white walker was coming before Sam killed it.  In the books, he guided them to the wall and told Sam to bring back Bran.  But that whole thing was cut out last season and Sam and Gilly just walked to the wall themselves.  No mention of Coldhands during it.  I'm guessing they are saving him for next season since he has a bigger role in the next book.

Could be...if he plays a bigger role in next season, than you know he'll have an impact in the books! If he doesn't, than you know he probably wasn't all that important and just another in the long line of side characters and they were able to write him out of the show.

I finally caught up to the current episode and now I am bummed I have to wait a week for the next installment.

I did the same thing after season three. The unfortunate part was watching to soon after season three ended. So there I sat along with all of you waiting what seemed like forever for the new season to begin.

I just saw this thread. It's taking almost as long to catch up here.