• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

None of this is a spoiler, it was all in the TV Shows up to this point...but I'll tag it with Spoiler just in case. 

Roose Bolton was one of the sworn banners to the Starks. He conspired with Frey and Tywin Lannister to kill Rob Stark, in return he would be given control of the North. His sadistic bastard was the one who has made Theon his pet.

Locke is not a good guy. He was sent by Bolton to find, and kill, Bran and Rickon. The scene where Theon was shaving the Bolton bastard, he stated that he didn't kill the Stark boys. Roose Bolton told Locke to find them and get rid of them in return he would get lands and other rewards. With the Stark boys alive, he can't take over the North, most likely a large number of houses would turn on Bolton.

He's not there to join the Ranger's, that is a ruse. He went to Castle Black to find Jon Snow thinking Bran and Rickon would head up there to their last remaining family.

Edited by red321

None of this is a spoiler, it was all in the TV Shows up to this point...but I'll tag it with Spoiler just in case. 

Roose Bolton was one of the sworn banners to the Starks. He conspired with Frey and Tywin Lannister to kill Rob Stark, in return he would be given control of the North. His sadistic bastard was the one who has made Theon his pet.

Locke is not a good guy. He was sent by Bolton to find, and kill, Bran and Rickon. The scene where Theon was shaving the Bolton bastard, he stated that he didn't kill the Stark boys. Roose Bolton told Locke to find them and get rid of them in return he would get lands and other rewards. With the Stark boys alive, he can't take over the North, most likely a large number of houses would turn on Bolton.

He's not there to join the Ranger's, that is a ruse. He went to Castle Black to find Jon Snow thinking Bran and Rickon would head up there to their last remaining family.

Thanks. This cleared up a lot. 

I asked because in the "previously on GoT" they showed the scene where Bolton tells him to get the remaining Stark kids, but he looked a little different. At the same time, when Jon Snow went to Castle Black the first time it seemed to be a process to get in and a tight knit group, but low and behold this new dude is chilling and no one bats an eye nor does Jon think twice when the new guy volunteers to roll with him while the counsel lets him go.

The more I think about it, the more I thought the episode was boring.

No worries...I know it can be confusing. I've read the books (and then went and read a cliff notes version of the books) and I still check out a few recaps on Monday morning to make sure I caught everything. Grantland does a good job. They have two columns weekly. The Greenwald recap - and he hasn't read the books so there is no chance for spoilers, and then a q&a recap called Ask the Maester that is someone who has read the books explaining key plot points of the TV show...without spoilers. He does a good job about filling in the missing details/history that the TV show just can't cover and he is really careful about not publishing spoilers.

I'm excited in that there was a huge veer from the books this week, so some of this is going to be new to all of us!

I asked because in the "previously on GoT" they showed the scene where Bolton tells him to get the remaining Stark kids, but he looked a little different. At the same time, when Jon Snow went to Castle Black the first time it seemed to be a process to get in and a tight knit group, but low and behold this new dude is chilling and no one bats an eye nor does Jon think twice when the new guy volunteers to roll with him while the counsel lets him go.

The more I think about it, the more I thought the episode was boring.

I get why you might think that. I like to think of it in terms...there is so much going, and so many characters, they have to spend certain episodes to move the chess pieces around the board for the next major conflict/story arc. Or, in some cases they just have to check in on the person so they don't disappear for a year or two until they are needed again (see Theon being tortured last year, that was never in the books - he wasn't mentioned for at least one book, maybe two...and when he was reintroduced it was as Reek...if I recall correctly it was actually a few chapters before you even realized it was Theon).

It gets much worse when book 4 starts.  I'm wondering just how much the show will suffer since the quality of the books decreases about 90% starting with book 4.  

This is totally a spoiler for those watching the TV Show only, so don't click on it.

Ok, so I'm not confused...the Bran/Craster's Keep never happened in the books, right? He just wandered North until he found the three eyed Raven and the person/walker who I have a sneaking suspicion is the lost brother of Ned Stark. Jon never went to attack the keep, did he? And the, for lack of a better term, birthing ceremony with Darth Moles blue twin, never happened as well, right?

Edited by red321

No worries...I know it can be confusing. I've read the books (and then went and read a cliff notes version of the books) and I still check out a few recaps on Monday morning to make sure I caught everything. Grantland does a good job. They have two columns weekly. The Greenwald recap - and he hasn't read the books so there is no chance for spoilers, and then a q&a recap called Ask the Maester that is someone who has read the books explaining key plot points of the TV show...without spoilers. He does a good job about filling in the missing details/history that the TV show just can't cover and he is really careful about not publishing spoilers.

I'm excited in that there was a huge veer from the books this week, so some of this is going to be new to all of us!

I love the Grantland stuff. Came across them a year or two ago for Mad Men and just kind of kept going back with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. I actually really despise Andy Greenwald's writing style and it reeks of elitism and psuedo-intellect, but is almost a guilty pleasure because I loathe him....I also really like the podcasts and hearing him there with the articles is just self-righteous asshole overload. But admit he has a good thought process that I enjoy, just not the arrogance.

There are simpler recaps (Andy's writing style is convoluted with inside joke analogies and purposely deviates from common vernacular) like Rolling Stone, Huffington Post, and someone who's name escapes me that does a fantastic job that Grantland constantly mentions as a great read.

I just noticed the Maestro section and look forward to it.

I get why you might think that. I like to think of it in terms...there is so much going, and so many characters, they have to spend certain episodes to move the chess pieces around the board for the next major conflict/story arc. Or, in some cases they just have to check in on the person so they don't disappear for a year or two until they are needed again (see Theon being tortured last year, that was never in the books - he wasn't mentioned for at least one book, maybe two...and when he was reintroduced it was as Reek...if I recall correctly it was actually a few chapters before you even realized it was Theon).

Makes sense. What really skewed it for me is all the great shows and writing that were sticklers with detail to where this stuff with loopholes stands out. But you make a good point because the cast is so large that they frequently catch up at various stages. You can tell this will be a huge plot point and they usually do a good job of leading us to it's unfolding opposed to just dropping a character into the situation and letting it play out.

Love the show. But every time I talk to a co-worker or friend about it, it's a guarantee that I'll hear someone drop the line "I've read the books" and I stop listening. You already know the words out of their mouth are gonna be some condescending bullshit.

Love the show. But every time I talk to a co-worker or friend about it, it's a guarantee that I'll hear someone drop the line "I've read the books" and I stop listening. You already know the words out of their mouth are gonna be some condescending bullshit.

Yeah one of my friends has read the books. I basically try to avoid talking about game of thrones with him because he always seems to slip in spoilers.

C'mon. That's half the reason to read the books. It's the only thing that kept me going in book 4!

I too find her hotter as a brunette.

Similar story to that picture. At spring training a few years back we had seats at an Angels/Rangers game at Surprise. Hamilton was right by us on the field signing autographs and I pulled up his picture of him drunk getting body shots done on him on my phone. I was screaming for him to sign it and he wouldn't look at me.

OK, we now know that Littlefinger poisoned Lysa's ex-husband, but what else was she trying to say before he shut her up with the kiss?

What was Locke planning to do with Bran?

OK, we now know that Littlefinger poisoned Lysa's ex-husband, but what else was she trying to say before he shut her up with the kiss?

What was Locke planning to do with Bran?

I think it had to do with pretty much them lying to start the war.

I thought the episode was better than last weeks. Sansa finally escaped so there's that part that will expand. When Hodor killed that dude like it was nothing I literally said to my wife, "well that was anticlimactic."