• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

The only thing I was confused on was who the guy was hanging out with the dragon girl. Turns out he's the long haired dude from last season and they had to get a new actor

Daario. He came off really creepy on the show.

No way Winds of Winter comes out in 2014.

Season 5 should be a mix of AFFC and ADWD the stories run concurrent with each other.

The only thing I was confused on was who the guy was hanging out with the dragon girl. Turns out he's the long haired dude from last season and they had to get a new actor

Thanks for clarifying, I was stumped bugging the hell out of the gf about this. The dude had the round knife/sword dealio but looked nothing like the modelesque looking dude that lopped off his buddies heads.

that would be taking a giant shit all over his fans who have been reading for almost 20 years.

barring his death, i'd be pretty upset if he or his estate allowed hbo to do that.

The first 3 books were great and part way through book 4 I was questioning whether or not it was the same author. I'm not going to lie I haven't read the 5th book and would need to re-read 1-4 before reading it but book 4 was just so bad it turned me off to the story. I realize there's been a lot of time between some of the books but I lost interest even more so once the show came out and I was left wondering how much he was even working on the books.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

The first 3 books were great and part way through book 4 I was questioning whether or not it was the same author. I'm not going to lie I haven't read the 5th book and would need to re-read 1-4 before reading it but book 4 was just so bad it turned me off to the story. I realize there's been a lot of time between some of the books but I lost interest even more so once the show came out and I was left wondering how much he was even working on the books.

He probably should have never killed off Joffrey, at least not in the third book.  It goes down hill once Cersei has to rule, which is the majority of the 4th book.  Joffrey is a great villain and the fact he kills him off and especially the way he kills him off just doesn't make sense to me.  I think he got obsessed with doing the unexpected that the story really suffers because of it and is all over the place.  It's also why I mentioned that they will most likely do book 4 and 5 together for the show because no one is going to want to watch a full season of just Cersei.

He probably should have never killed off Joffrey, at least not in the third book.  It goes down hill once Cersei has to rule, which is the majority of the 4th book.  Joffrey is a great villain and the fact he kills him off and especially the way he kills him off just doesn't make sense to me.  I think he got obsessed with doing the unexpected that the story really suffers because of it and is all over the place.  It's also why I mentioned that they will most likely do book 4 and 5 together for the show because no one is going to want to watch a full season of just Cersei.

I agree that he tries too hard to do the unexpected and goes by the 'no one is safe' mentality and in the process he writes off interesting characters. In book 4 I found myself reading chapters about people who had boring stories and it just kind of killed it for me. Considering the time between books, how they've turned out longer than he planned, etc it seems like once he killed some characters off and incorporated others he started to include too much. Some of the other fantasy novels I've read over the years might follow 3-4 people or stories and a song of fire and ice felt too segmented or maybe I just remember it that way because I was stuck reading chapters that bored me.

Is that the 2nd time they had to recast someone?  They recast the Mountain as well.  For some reason I thought they had to recast someone else as well.

They're on their 3rd actor for The Mountain right now. They also recast Tommen. That would be Joffrey's rarely seen younger brother for anyone who has trouble remembering minor characters. 

What the? I never knew they was a younger Brother. When did they ever show that kid?

He made a brief appearance in the pilot episode at breakfast with all the other Lannisters in Winterfell. He was also in the throne room with Cersei during the Blackwater siege when Tywin came in and did a victory dance.