• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Maybe I should rephrase what I said. The 4th and 5th books were supposed to be one book but they cut it in two because it was too long. Because of that, the story lines were also split to give each book a better flow to them. Those two story lines are in the second book because of that. So to make the series flow and keep popular characters involved, I can see them intertwining the two books back into one and just telling the story over a few seasons.

Yeah, please don't even mention anything about the books or even the mild spoilers like, "I heard from someone that read the books....."

I may have to avoid this thread, and I even did it myself, but because the books have been out forever even some of the article headlines seem to give away something. I didn't read the article I posted (which I shouldn't have even though it was speculation), but there is a lot I don't even want to think about while watching the show, like what NJ posted.......I can tell the Lannisters have a lot of tension and are the main family at the moment to break a bit, but I don't want to have to watch the episodes and wonder when it's going to happen or not be surprised when something does because I anticipated it in some sense.

It already kind of sucks that with the red wedding the media and people making memes have gone nuts with the "he kills off the best characters or main characters" so we kind of watch it from that view of "who's next?" and are waiting for the next dude to go (although someone dropped a character spoiler that we know they make it to at least some length).

Hopefully we can recap and speculate without having someone post, "Yeah, that was a cool scene. I wondered how they were going to do that since later on in chapter x of the book something bigger happens."

Or if you dudes want to compare the book or talk about pacing the ret of us don't want to know simply use the spoiler tags .

On a similar and funny note, I know someone that works with troubled kids. When they were talking to the kid about troubles and how they try to deal or work on the issues one of the things the kid talked about was how school has been better and it's because kids were acting up in class and the poor behavior was curbed because the teacher said that if the class doesn't behave he is going to spoil Game of Thrones and everyone instantly shaped up without incident since. I thought that was kind of awesome.

Yeah, please don't even mention anything about the books or even the mild spoilers like, "I heard from someone that read the books....."

I may have to avoid this thread, and I even did it myself, but because the books have been out forever even some of the article headlines seem to give away something. I didn't read the article I posted (which I shouldn't have even though it was speculation), but there is a lot I don't even want to think about while watching the show, like what NJ posted.......I can tell the Lannisters have a lot of tension and are the main family at the moment to break a bit, but I don't want to have to watch the episodes and wonder when it's going to happen or not be surprised when something does because I anticipated it in some sense.

It already kind of sucks that with the red wedding the media and people making memes have gone nuts with the "he kills off the best characters or main characters" so we kind of watch it from that view of "who's next?" and are waiting for the next dude to go (although someone dropped a character spoiler that we know they make it to at least some length).

Hopefully we can recap and speculate without having someone post, "Yeah, that was a cool scene. I wondered how they were going to do that since later on in chapter x of the book something bigger happens."

Yea, I should not have even hinted at what I heard. That will affect how someone watches it, always waiting for that thing to happen. I am keeping my yapper shut.

I hope someone gets revenge on Walder Fray. Can't stand that guy.

Stannis's storyline is one I am looking forward to. The one with Hodor and the Stark boys is boring. I hope that concludes.

Since we're talking story lines, I think my favorite is Arya and The Hound. My least favorite has got to be (don't hate me fellas) Daenerys Targaryen. Whenever they show her story my eyes roll.

Of course Tyrion as a whole is my favorite character and everything related to him I'm absolutely glued to.

Since we're talking story lines, I think my favorite is Arya and The Hound. My least favorite has got to be (don't hate me fellas) Daenerys Targaryen. Whenever they show her story my eyes roll.

Of course Tyrion as a whole is my favorite character and everything related to him I'm absolutely glued to.

Tyrion rules!

I like old man Lannister too. He makes good decisions, for the big picture, no matter how unpopular they might be

I've said exactly nothing about any character or situation, nor do I intend to. 

I'm spoiling literally nothing.  

I'll use spoiler tags from now on, though.  

Sorry. 

I skipped down, so I didn't read your posts.

I watched the show last year after the season ended or close to it and went back and read the thread and you were good with posting for having read the books.

It's not posting exact spoilers, but you can alter how someone watches the show that has no idea of what's coming by talking about things like nothing happens for 2000 pages or things ahead in the book, even being vague.

Which sucks because you're respectful and simply having a good discussion with someone else that has read the books, but others can see it and assume things or mentally bookmark when or if something might happen. 

Tyrion rules!

I like old man Lannister too. He makes good decisions, for the big picture, no matter how unpopular they might be

Though I hate old man Lannister because he's such a douche, you're absolutely right about his decisions. He can talk you into killing your first born if it means bettering your position/status in the world.

And while we're on the subject of Lannisters, I feel like (and this is just an opinion, not what I know or anything) Jamie is going to start seeing the douche ways of his family and perhaps turn or kind of move away from them. I'm liking him more and more with each episode. If Tyrion and Jamie joined forces shit would get real.

Yea, I should not have even hinted at what I heard. That will affect how someone watches it, always waiting for that thing to happen. I am keeping my yapper shut.

I hope someone gets revenge on Walder Fray. Can't stand that guy.

Stannis's storyline is one I am looking forward to. The one with Hodor and the Stark boys is boring. I hope that concludes.

It's cool, I did the same thing and need to keep my yapper shut on various media....which is weird because part of my enjoyment is reading the recaps the next day and opinions, but I have avoided them today aside from one on Grantland.

The weird thing is I posted what I did because it was in plain sight and was an interview with the author/writers and I kept thinking, "This show is too good or with a strong following that there is no way they would hint at spoilers...would they?"

I'm even having to avoid indepth or behind the scenes stuff I like because some of the stuff paints pictures for down the road.

Meh I am not a huge fan of the old man Lannister story.  I couldn't stand the dragon chick story line early on but it is starting to get pretty interesting.

Tyrion and Jamie would be interesting.  Brienne is another cool character.

I hate Theon so much I'd chop the actors dick off just to avenge the Starks.

I should hate him, but I see a very troubled guy that severe acceptance issues. I feel bad for his situation even though I shouldn't....but I think that kind of hate has been easily deflected to Joffrey, Frey, etc.

Yup, Jaime is getting a conscience, and is smart, so he could go far.

My friend's brother went to school with Peter Dinklage (Tyrion), and said he was the smartest guy in the class. He comes from big bucks.

I should hate him, but I see a very troubled guy that severe acceptance issues. I feel bad for his situation even though I shouldn't....but I think that kind of hate has been easily deflected to Joffrey, Frey, etc.

The Joffrey hate doesn't even need to be said. That actor rules and I'd love to meet the kid just to tell him how good of a job he does at being a giant tool.

The Joffrey hate doesn't even need to be said. That actor rules and I'd love to meet the kid just to tell him how good of a job he does at being a giant tool.

Joffrey is in a class of his own. One of my fav scenes from last year was when he was mouthing off at the family meeting about what happened to the Starks, and the Imp told him to watch his ass, kings are dropping like flies. As he tried to flip out, old man Lannister took control of the situation and had his Mom take him to bed.

Glad I'm not the only one about the dragon chick. I am interested in her story line because of how she is building, but there is just something that makes her annoying to me.....although, she had one of the best scenes when she dropped the hammer on that dude/city when she traded the dragon for the warriors.

I like old man Lannister, he's sensible. Plus, he does well having to deal with a bunch of asshole family members.

I think the same thing, TF. Although, I feel like they are setting that up and capable of faking us out with his character turning. He seems to have come back with a different attitude and mindset that isn't like the others and then you throw in his sister he's banging not into him or whatever they have anymore and it's setting up to go that route. Although, having seen the season preview trailers they were showing one can infer a few different scenarios.

Someone mentioned Bran. They showed him in the next episode trailer at the end, so maybe we pick up with him next week. Hopefully we get more John Snow as well.

Also, did anyone else need to pause and catch up or get more info on anything last night? A year is too long for the amount of characters and story lines we follow. Luckily, my better half just got into the show and started reading the books. She watched it on HBO Go which has cool interactive charts and info to make it easier to process. 

Yup, Jaime is getting a conscience, and is smart, so he could go far.

My friend's brother went to school with Peter Dinklage (Tyrion), and said he was the smartest guy in the class. He comes from big bucks.

He trips me out. I watched the preview/recap stuff HBO was showing the past month and had no clue the dude was American.

I didn't want to get into this show and my first notice was flipping channels and they did some awards show and he won the award. I thought it was rad he had a confidence and almost arrogance to him while walking up and stepping on the stool to do his speech. It was cool to see how he carried himself for being a dwarf.

He trips me out. I watched the preview/recap stuff HBO was showing the past month and had no clue the dude was American.

I didn't want to get into this show and my first notice was flipping channels and they did some awards show and he won the award. I thought it was rad he had a confidence and almost arrogance to him while walking up and stepping on the stool to do his speech. It was cool to see how he carried himself for being a dwarf.

Half man.

The following does not talk about any characters or situations in any of the books or in the series in any way, but you might still want to avoid it. 

Yeah, nothing really happens for 2000 pages. The first 3 books all came out over a 4 year period, and are some of the best storytelling, regardless of genre, I've ever read.  He lost it starting with A Feast for Crows.  It's barely even decent storytelling.   He lost control.  Badly.  Given how huge he let the world and multiplicity of characters got, I'm surprised it took that long for it to fall apart. 

The show is fine, but the one thing I was hoping with the show was that it would get to season 5/book 5 quickly, so it would keep his fat ass writing instead of posting on his blog about his other garbage works and the NFL on his blog.  Most of the people who are fans now didn't have to wait 11 years for the last 2 books to come out like those of reading since 1996.  Now he and HBO are going to milk it for all it's worth, taking thousands of pages of tedious storytelling and making several seasons out of it.  Good for the show fans, I guess.  And for GRRM.

Apparently George R.R. Martin told the creators of the show how the whole series ends and gave them an outline of the story.  He did it mainly in case he were to die before he got the books out.  So I don't think the show is really going to wait for him to finish his books.  It's possible the books will come out after the show is done if he lags on too much.

There was some headline where the author/writers mentioned more deaths and the article insinuated this season may make the red wedding look like a walk in the park.

Some main characters have died, but I'm not expecting them to go overboard and kill off people for shits and giggles sacrificing a very good story line.

Episode seemed alright, Arya at the end was sweet. Joffrey is still the biggest asshole on tv, that's actually kind of rad......I read an article a while back how the dude that plays him gets a ton of hate mail and threats because of his character, so much so that he ponered quitting the show or something like that. Trips me out when people get so bent about a tv character they berate the actors.

I heard the opposite. He did an AMA on reddit and said anytime someone stops him on the street they think it's pretty cool that he's so good at being an asshole.

As far as the show catching up to the books goes I think there's a better than 50/50 chance the 6th one comes out this year. That would give him 3 years to wrap it up which is certainly possible but I wouldn't put money on it.

Edited by Count Orlok