• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

I really enjoyed The Wire, especially seeing Baltimore's problems from different angles instead of staying on the street level drug pushers. You saw the systemic problem of trying to do the right thing and come up with solutions in a world that only looks for the quick hit, quick results. People getting rewarded for scamming the system for personal gain and then those that did it for the greater good (Amsterdam and Homeless serial killer) end up taking the shaft. 

The last episode was getting a little out of hand, bringing in characters from other series like Munch sitting on a bar stool talking to the bartender. Then it really felt at the end they were desperately trying to find filler and ran out of dialogue to sew it all up. It was like the entire writing staff burned out all at once and the producers shrugged and phoned it in. 

It could have gone to Season 6 with some of the cast offs being cameos while developing the remaining characters but I think they felt it would have been a formula series instead of the original intent. 

The Arthur Dayne fight didn't disappoint.

Ned gave Jaime Lannister a hard time about stabbing the mad king in the back but I bet he didn't mind when howland reed did the same thing to save his own ass. Jaime had good reason to do it too.

Watch ended. I want to see Jon Snow and Tormund take the wildlings and bust up Ramsey's hood.

RIP ShaggyDog

They are really teasing the identity of Jon Snow's parents now.  Of course Sansa is going to arrive at Castle Black and Jon Snow is going to be gone once again.  Her story arc is nothing but disappointments.

Arya's story line went from cool to boring and they are making the Bran story cool just by showing us badass flashbacks.

The whole Kings Landing story line is really boring right now.  It needs to pick up.  Same with the Mereen and Denerys shit.

9 hours ago, RuledByNone said:

The Arthur Dayne fight didn't disappoint.

Ned gave Jaime Lannister a hard time about stabbing the mad king in the back but I bet he didn't mind when howland reed did the same thing to save his own ass. Jaime had good reason to do it too.

Sure there is honor in not stabbing someone in the back when you are fighting, but if you can't see that there's an epic difference in what Jaime Lannister did and what Howland Reed did then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm with Tobias on this one.  Jaime sat by while the mad king cooked Ned's dad alive in his armor and Ned's brother hung himself trying to help.  The main reason Jamie killed the mad king was self preservation.  Sure he knew the king was mad and his plan to burn it all down was crazy but enemy forces were storming the keep and had they found Jamie, the king and the other member of the kingsguard there they would have all been killed on the spot.  The king had his back turned because he didn't expect one of the member of his guard who swears his life to him to turn on him.  Howland Reed did it to save Ned but that was also self preservation because if he doesn't Dayne would have killed him after.     

1 hour ago, TobiasFunke said:

Sure there is honor in not stabbing someone in the back when you are fighting, but if you can't see that there's an epic difference in what Jaime Lannister did and what Howland Reed did then I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, there's a big difference. The mad king had proven to by a crazy mf by frequently torturing people and planning to genocide an entire city with wildfire. It had to be done, it should have been done sooner. Did all the Houses that rallied to Robert Baratheon's cause do so because of the Rhaegar / Lyanna/ Robert love triangle? No, it was because the realm had a crazy King that they could no longer support and nobody was doing anything about it. Robert's rebellion presented the best opportunity to remove King Aerys and they took it. Had Selmy and the other Kingsguard been a little less concerned about thier "honor" and their inscription in the White Book an entire war could have been averted. The bath scene with Brienne showed that Jaime's motivation for killing Aerys wasn't just self preservation, but also orders from his father and concern for the city.

I have no issue with Howland Reed's dagger in the back. He did what he had to do to survive (and Arthur Dayne should have watched his six).

I have more of an issue with Ned Stark's pious bullshit. He allowed Jon Snow to make a life commitment to the Watch while continuing to deny him the truth about his lineage. "I'll tell you next time we meet", gee thanks dad. He lied to his wife, allowing her to hate on the kid for his entire life under false assumptions. He was a terrible player of the game as shown in his conversation with Cersei, but he was also a terrible player with a family who put them at risk for no gain. How honorable is that?

1 hour ago, RuledByNone said:

I have more of an issue with Ned Stark's pious bullshit. He allowed Jon Snow to make a life commitment to the Watch while continuing to deny him the truth about his lineage. "I'll tell you next time we meet", gee thanks dad. He lied to his wife, allowing her to hate on the kid for his entire life under false assumptions. He was a terrible player of the game as shown in his conversation with Cersei, but he was also a terrible player with a family who put them at risk for no gain. How honorable is that?

No one is perfect. Ned made decisions on what he thought was right. It got him killed. The end.

Edited by TobiasFunke

1 hour ago, RuledByNone said:

Yes, there's a big difference. The mad king had proven to by a crazy mf by frequently torturing people and planning to genocide an entire city with wildfire. It had to be done, it should have been done sooner. Did all the Houses that rallied to Robert Baratheon's cause do so because of the Rhaegar / Lyanna/ Robert love triangle? No, it was because the realm had a crazy King that they could no longer support and nobody was doing anything about it. Robert's rebellion presented the best opportunity to remove King Aerys and they took it. Had Selmy and the other Kingsguard been a little less concerned about thier "honor" and their inscription in the White Book an entire war could have been averted. The bath scene with Brienne showed that Jaime's motivation for killing Aerys wasn't just self preservation, but also orders from his father and concern for the city.

I have no issue with Howland Reed's dagger in the back. He did what he had to do to survive (and Arthur Dayne should have watched his six).

I don't think Ned was willing to risk letting info out about Jon Snow (if the theory is right which looks like it's heading that way). If for some reason that got back to Robert, he would have had Jon Snow killed. Ned was against Roberts purging of the Targaryen children. Didn't he bring that up back on season 1 when Robert found out about Daenrys and wanted her dead?

If anyone knew who Jon Snow really was (assuming he's a Targaryen) then Robert and countless others would have wanted him dead and nothing Ned could have done would have prevented it so he did the only thing he could to save his life.  When Robert died his bastard had to be snuck out of King's Landing as the Lannister's wanted him dead and the hate for the the mad King and his kin was much greater.  Everything Ned did in life was out of duty - promise made to his sister, became lord of Winterfell and married Caetlyin both of which were meant for his brother, went to King's landing to help Robert and then he lost his head because he believed others were as honorable as him.  He was way out of his element trying to play the game in King's Landing and was much better suited to life in the North.     

5 hours ago, Tank said:

you can take the man out of the editing bay, but you can't take the editing bay out of the man.

Well it sure felt like they did just that a month ago.

GoT, where beating an underage blind girl with a stick is considered entertainment. What a series.

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 8:10 AM, red321 said:

yeah...you would think they could come up with something family and wholesome...like auditioning a harem of women to try and find true love in televised increments over 3 months.

If you noticed last night the most eligible new bachelor king knifes the girl in the neck instead of offering her a limo ride home. That is dating GoT style.