• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

No, they haven't. The dragons weren't eating and Tyrion decided that chained up dragons isn't a good thing and went down there to unchain them. And didn't get fried in the process.

In the book didn't someone go down there to do the same and got killed in the process? I think that scene would have been more powerful had they shown people trying to do the same and getting killed and then Tyrion does it and the dragons don't attack him. But eh, they're on limited time I guess.

Edited by Chimi

This season has been a real blast so far. I think last night's episode was the best of the series––the pacing was very, very good for a GoT episode. 

No, they haven't. The dragons weren't eating and Tyrion decided that chained up dragons isn't a good thing and went down there to unchain them. And didn't get fried in the process.

In the book didn't someone go down there to do the same and got killed in the process? I think that scene would have been more powerful had they shown people trying to do the same and getting killed and then Tyrion does it and the dragons don't attack him. But eh, they're on limited time I guess.

Yeah!

Like the scene w the bunny in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Or the pit scene in Army of Darkness.

pull your head outta your ass HBO!

Edited by mrwicked

You can certainly tell they have a little more freedom now that they have finished up with the books for the most part (outside of the Iron Islands) and I would expect the story to move a long a bit quicker.

As mentioned...the Tower of Joy sequence could answer one of the biggest questions in the entire series....though I'm not sure how they would explain the back story of Rhaegar and Lyanna

Yo Schil (and book readers)

Spoiler for possible spoilers?

I read a theory on how we might get a "The North Remembers..." type of scene. Word is one of the Umbers (littlejon?) comes to meet with Ramsay next episode with a kid who the Umbers will tell him is Rickon but is actually another kid. That satisfies the fake Arya part of the books. The Umbers come in favor with Ramsay but since Greatjon is still held captive by the Freys, Littlejon is the show version of Wyman and has the epic "The North Remembers/Mummers Farce" speech.

Edited by TobiasFunke

On 5/2/2016 at 2:33 PM, cezero said:

That's a popular theory floating around the interwebs right now.  3 Targaryens for 3 dragons

I wouldn't go that far, but who knows.

Re-reading Bran's first few POV chapters in book 1 after his fall leads me to believe that he's going to warg with a dragon, possibly even permanently. Maybe there's a chance that he aligns himself with Daeny or Aegon (or I guess Tyrion?) first, though. I'd put my money on aligning with Tyrion, but I'm not a betting man when it comes to GRRM. 

This article spells it out a little more in depth:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-fan-theory-says-230000093.html

Littlefinger is most likely on his way back to the Vale to get he army ready to take Winterfell. Last season he was promised Wardenship of the North by Cersai if he took out whichever army won between the Boltons and Stannis.

It was if you watched The Wire 7 years ago. I just started watching it a while ago on HBO GO and it took a while before the Carcetti character showed up. Nearly done with the series and unfortunately it lost some steam going into season 5, the newspaper angle isn't all that compelling and it seems to have jumped the shark with the fake bum killings. Still, a lot better than most of what is on TV.

Yeah, almost everyone agrees season 5 was kind of a throw away season and kind of a poor ending for the show, especially coming off the strength of season 4.

I get that Simon tried to hit various angles with each season, but 5 fell kind of flat.

Brilliant show, though.

Although, I don't know that character in anything but GoT and The Wire. I think he was in a Batman movie, same thing though, "Oh, it's that dude from The Wire"

On May 6, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Cory Matthews said:

Yeah, almost everyone agrees season 5 was kind of a throw away season and kind of a poor ending for the show, especially coming off the strength of season 4.

I get that Simon tried to hit various angles with each season, but 5 fell kind of flat.

Brilliant show, though.

Although, I don't know that character in anything but GoT and The Wire. I think he was in a Batman movie, same thing though, "Oh, it's that dude from The Wire"

Season 5 is definitely the weakest. I think they tried to go out with a bang, but with 3 less episodes than the other seasons it probably wasn't the time to try and up the ante. That said, I still would consider The Wire to be the greatest show of all time and if they had started with season 5's plot line I probably would've still been hooked enough to keep watching.