• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Defending Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings Thread for 2013-2013

Thomas

And that folks, is why I would never employ Boudreau as an NHL head coach. He has never gotten beyond round 2 in the Stanley Cup playoffs, despite having the 1 or 2 seed four times now.

Kings now have home ice for round 2, and given that they are 22-4-1 at home this season, that's a good thing.

KINGS-SHARKS  2-2 record in the four games this year.

Home team won each time.

Three one goal games including a Sharks shoot out win.

Kings won 5-2 game at Staples.

Of course, they always say throw out the regular season records/ games when it comes to the post-season.

BIG JOE THORNTON's coming to town.

I'm a little worried about this series against the Sharks. Mostly because we *have* to win Games 1 and 2 at home. I don't think the Kings are used to defending home ice. This series might just go 7 games with every team winning at home.

At the same time though, I feel that the Blues were the toughest opponent and we'll have an easier time against San Jose. Plus, San Jose loves choking in the 2nd/3rd round. This will be no different.

The Kings should handle the Sharks in 5 or 6 games.  I don't expect the Sharks to bring nearly the same physical-pressure that the Blues did.

It would be great if the Wings could shock the Hawks for us too.

Tank, how was sitting in the shared suite?  I have thought about doing that a few times for events at staples but never have.

meh. bunch of san bernadino dodgers fan in there who weren't terribly friendly. neither was the all-white family of four. the mom of the family hijacked my seat while i was out getting food and since i didn't know if she was the owner of the suite or not, i didn't want to cause trouble. there were 18 seats but only 12 people showed up, so i made myself reasonably comfortable. didn't like having the glass from the suite next to us distort my view so much.

Quick has returned to last season's form, just needed the first half of the abreviated season to get back to form after surgery.

Regehr is doing a solid job and gives them much needed experience along with Scuderi and Doughty, in mentoring the youth corps of blueliners.   Any word on Greene playing any more this season?   Not where he needs to be at this point? 

meh. bunch of san bernadino dodgers fan in there who weren't terribly friendly. neither was the all-white family of four. the mom of the family hijacked my seat while i was out getting food and since i didn't know if she was the owner of the suite or not, i didn't want to cause trouble. there were 18 seats but only 12 people showed up, so i made myself reasonably comfortable. didn't like having the glass from the suite next to us distort my view so much.

Interesting on the glass distorting your view...do you think that is the case with all suites or was it where your suite location was?  Do you remember which suite you were in?  I've always seeing the individual suite seats for sale for lakers/clippers/kings and have always thought it would be awesome if only my group bought 4 seats and the rest of the suite was empty cuz the person couldnt sell them.

Solid start for the Kings in this series.  I hope they hold Greene out until he's back to full-speed (for him, anyway).  I think he rushed back, and was a liability during the Blues series.  Voynov is starting to heat-up, and it's a great sign for Richards to finally get on the board.

Interesting on the glass distorting your view...do you think that is the case with all suites or was it where your suite location was?  Do you remember which suite you were in?  I've always seeing the individual suite seats for sale for lakers/clippers/kings and have always thought it would be awesome if only my group bought 4 seats and the rest of the suite was empty cuz the person couldnt sell them.

i was in B47, on the same side as the tv cameras, just inside the blue line where the kings defended twice. the glass to my right distorted my view when i was looking at the goal on that side. i had a clear view to the other goal. i wouldn't have had any issues with it if that arrogant lady hadn't taken my seat and been such a tool about it. i had to sit at the bar/counter and since it was a bit farther back and to the side of the suite, i had a little distorted view. the good news was that i had three hi def tvs to watch from my angle, so i was covered.

if you decide to get a suite ticket, take a buddy - it'll be a lot more fun. my ticket last night was about $105.

i was in B47, on the same side as the tv cameras, just inside the blue line where the kings defended twice. the glass to my right distorted my view when i was looking at the goal on that side. i had a clear view to the other goal. i wouldn't have had any issues with it if that arrogant lady hadn't taken my seat and been such a tool about it. i had to sit at the bar/counter and since it was a bit farther back and to the side of the suite, i had a little distorted view. the good news was that i had three hi def tvs to watch from my angle, so i was covered.

if you decide to get a suite ticket, take a buddy - it'll be a lot more fun. my ticket last night was about $105.

Not too bad of a price for a 2nd round playoff game vs. the Sharks!  If I can find that for game 5 I think I'm gonna do it!