• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Defending Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings Thread for 2013-2013

Thomas

Just watched video of raffi Torres' hit on Hossa last year that gained him a 21 game suspension. Going after a players head when he's rather defenseless is a gutless move. Will be interested to see what his discipline will be as a repeat offender.

He's meeting with NHL officials in NYC tomorrow so he'll miss game 2, at the very least.

He's a hard-hitter, and sometimes a head-hunter.  This hit looked like it was 50-50 shoulder and head.  I think it's only worth a couple of games, but he is a problem-child with a history of head-hunting.  I always say the suspension should match the number of lost-games of the guy who got hit, if he was injured.

It always makes me laugh when players and coaches say they weren't trying to hurt the guy with a hit.  Granted, most checks are just to take a guy out of the play and force a turnover, but there are some runs that definitely aim to send guys to the dressing room.

The irony is that Torres had supposedly cleaned up his act this season, with a small amount of PM.

I guess he decided to throw that out the window, because as a repeat offender he will have the book thrown at him.

I guess you never truly take the goon out of the player for good.