• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Defending Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings Thread for 2013-2013

Thomas

well, let's keep Bernier -- yeah, he wants to start, who wouldn't -- I really like him. He stepped up big when Quick was having some problems there mid-season.

I think you  need two quality goalies to stay competitive.....Kings brought in Bernier and didn't lose a thing in terms of quality tender.

Tell Philly Luongo is available. Canucks signed a Sweden goalie who was a star player over there.  Luongo days there are done.

Kings trade Jonathan Bernier to the Toronto Maple Leafs and receive Ben Scrivens, Matt Frattin and a 2nd round pick. Excellent trade for the Kings. I don't know why the Leafs seem to have no confidence in Reimer long term.

Matt Frattin's a good, tough winger who could play on the 2nd or 3rd line. He has some good upside. Scrivens is a dime a dozen goalie who'll be the backup, unless the Kings bring in a vet backup, and then he'd be the #1 guy in the A.... and then you get a 2nd rounder, which is always nice. Frattin is definitely the key piece coming from Toronto.

Matt Frattin's a good, tough winger who could play on the 2nd or 3rd line. He has some good upside. Scrivens is a dime a dozen goalie who'll be the backup, unless the Kings bring in a vet backup, and then he'd be the #1 guy in the A.... and then you get a 2nd rounder, which is always nice. Frattin is definitely the key piece coming from Toronto.

Frattin is the key to this deal.  Kings must believe in the young goalies coming-up.  I'm a Toronto fan too, and I like this deal for the Leafs.  It gives them two quality starters.

Okay, no excuses, change the name of this thread.

Not cool, Kenny.... True tho.  Time to lock this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Alec Martinez signed a new two year deal.

Penner signed a one year deal with the Ducks. Hate to see him go, but he's MIA too much during the season. Wish he'd play oct - march like he does Apr- June.

i got to meet Penner a week before this past season started. I told him "when you scored that goal in Phoenix, I about jumped through the roof." he replied "me too."

I'll miss you, big guy. best wishes.

I don't want to hate the Kings, but signing Carcillo definitely will not help.

Eh, a depth piece. Healthy scratch and an occasional spark plug. Buddies with Carter and Richards. 

On the bright side Brown signs an eight year extension for 5.75 mil per. 

Brown's deal for 8 years means that the LA Kings and the NHL -- unlike MLB -- with Brown, Kopitar and Quick will have faces of the franchise for some years to come.

Halos have kinda gotten burned on long term contracts, but these guys are young, essentially franchise/ system developed talent..........

So, this is great to see.

Brown is such a gamer.

Hate to see Bernier go -- another draftee/ system player developed player, who if many recall, was drafted to much acclaim at a time when the Kings were sorely lacking in goal -- but understand he needs to start and play full time.

This season he really stepped in and up big when Quick was having sort of a bad spell, perhaps endurance issues from Quick's off-season surgery -- but then he had a few extra weeks to recover due to the delayed season start.

But Bernier played well. He'll help the Maple Leafs.........this year marks another year where the Stanley Cup is hoisted south of the border -- I don't see Vancouver doing anything soon -- that once great franchise seems in free fall and now they're going with LUONGO in goal next year after pretty much have written him off last season?? Kind of a primer of how long term contracts can really restrict your flexibility...........I think the last time a Canadian based team won the Cup was the infamous McSorely's stick final vs. Montreal.

Didn't like seeing Ron Hextall leaving the franchise -- but his heart's in Philly -- nice to see Rob Blake back as part of the franchise.