• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Trouble at the Ravine

Lifetime

Nothing to do with showboating or showing people up or being disrespectful to the game. But seriously I am sick of the stale boringness that baseball and especially the Angels show. The lack of emotion other than from Trout, Aybar and sometimes Trumbo is annoying. I like when you can see the passion on the field and you can see peoples personalities. Why is it that baseball players seem like they have a lack of passion and or emotion.

I do like to see passion on the field. Passion in the way of crashing against a wall, breaking up a double play, or steamrolling the catcher at the plate. Erstad did not need to have pizzaz to exude passion. He just played the game hard. I will take that any day over the football player type that constantly strokes his own ego by celebrating every damn action he does on the field, or trash talking every time a mic is in his face. It is exciting to see a team pumped up together through good play. Show me a good team, and I will show you passion and emotion.

I consider myself a big sports fan that watches probably 150 Angel games a year and 60-70 Laker games a year oh and probably 25 nfl games a year. There is no way in hell I could name the best player on 90% of nfl or nba teams.

You and I are similar type of sports fans. Different teams, but I couldn't name the best player on 90% of NFL or NHL teams. 

I say we get ex wrestlers to manage teams and show these players the fundamentals of showboating. 

Jimmy Hart would unnerve other teams to no end.

He could even sing that Gentrys hit from 1965 (Keep on Dancing - his being a vocal member of that group). 

Look for Jimmy at about 40 seconds, 1:20, and 2:15 into the clip.

Edited by Angel Oracle

"The lack of emotion other than from Trout," 

The guy is hanging over the railing in the dugout every half inning and, everytime I see him on TV, the guy is cheering along with his teammates.  The guy crashes into walls to make catches, steal bags at amazing success rate, and is ready to get his uniform dirty.  I have no idea what you are talking about...

What he hasn't done is loaf about on his way to his position, get routinely thrown out on the basepaths, continuilly overthrow the cut-off man, slide into homeplate on a homerun, show up the umpire on strike calls he doesn't agree with, stay out late missing game times, being so not into the game he's pulled in the 4th, or ask for girls numbers in the stands.

So does flare = immature jackass who is becoming a pain to his team and organization

"The lack of emotion other than from Trout," 

The guy is hanging over the railing in the dugout every half inning and, everytime I see him on TV, the guy is cheering along with his teammates.  The guy crashes into walls to make catches, steal bags at amazing success rate, and is ready to get his uniform dirty.  I have no idea what you are talking about...

What he hasn't done is loaf about on his way to his position, get routinely thrown out on the basepaths, continuilly overthrow the cut-off man, slide into homeplate on a homerun, show up the umpire on strike calls he doesn't agree with, stay out late missing game times, being so not into the game he's pulled in the 4th, or ask for girls numbers in the stands.

So does flare = immature jackass who is becoming a pain to his team and organization

I said other than Trout, Aybar and occasionally Trumbo. I didn't say he had a lack of emotion. I just would like to see him talk more to the media. Become the face of the Franchise more. 

Nothing to do with showboating or showing people up or being disrespectful to the game. But seriously I am sick of the stale boringness that baseball and especially the Angels show. The lack of emotion other than from Trout, Aybar and sometimes Trumbo is annoying. I like when you can see the passion on the field and you can see peoples personalities. Why is it that baseball players seem like they have a lack of passion and or emotion.

If you don't see Trout, Aybar and Trumbo's passion for the game, then you just aren't really paying attention.  What you are suggesting players do goes beyond passion.  Spinning around after a homerun.  Doing a nana point.  Sliding into home after a hr.  Those things are showboating. 

Trout beating on his chest after a great catch or doing the self high five feels more like passion and excitement to me. 

Lucho is a good example of a guy having fun but playing the game right. 

I think excessive celebration after a touchdown or doing a dance after you make a tackle or getting in a guys face after a slam dunk is just dumb.  It's what I hate about those two sports and why I like baseball better. 

If you don't see Trout, Aybar and Trumbo's passion for the game, then you just aren't really paying attention.  What you are suggesting players do goes beyond passion.  Spinning around after a homerun.  Doing a nana point.  Sliding into home after a hr.  Those things are showboating. 

Trout beating on his chest after a great catch or doing the self high five feels more like passion and excitement to me. 

Lucho is a good example of a guy having fun but playing the game right. 

I think excessive celebration after a touchdown or doing a dance after you make a tackle or getting in a guys face after a slam dunk is just dumb.  It's what I hate about those two sports and why I like baseball better. 

Did you hate KRod's antics when he got a save as an Angel?

Jimmy Hart would unnerve other teams to no end.

He could even sing that Gentrys hit from 1965 (Keep on Dancing - his being a vocal member of that group). 

Look for Jimmy at about 40 seconds, 1:20, and 2:15 into the clip.

You are on to something. If he could get our guys dancin' and a' prancin' like that I'm all for it. Throw in those go-go dancers and I might never missing a game. 

I said other than Trout, Aybar and occasionally Trumbo. I didn't say he had a lack of emotion. I just would like to see him talk more to the media. Become the face of the Franchise more. 

"Trout and Harper and the rest of the young guys need to add some flare to the game."

Oh, and Trout talks to the media all the time and has definitely become the face of the franchise. You'd have to have your head buried not to know that.

Did you hate KRod's antics when he got a save as an Angel?

Imagine everyone on the roster with some sort of signature move. A routine fly ball by Shuck turns into air machine guns into the opposing dugout. When someone on your team showboats, you have no choice but to accept it. It doesn't mean you have to like it. 

"Trout and Harper and the rest of the young guys need to add some flare to the game."

Oh, and Trout talks to the media all the time and has definitely become the face of the franchise. You'd have to have your head buried not to know that.

Watching some LLWS games, notice how many kids say their favorite player is Trout. That speaks volumes to him being the face of the franchise, and to some degree, the MLB. 

Puig is brown Harper.

He may have all the talent in the world, but he is an immature jackass. I hope he doesn't turn into Milton Bradley: The Gritty Reboot.

I feel like Harper is a douche but will get better as he ages.  Puig is on a different level with the potential to let his actions affect his career. 

Wow..a manager actually benched a guy, in the middle of a game, for playing like an idiot?

Been so long since Angel fans have seen a manager hold a player accountable, and give a player consequences...

They just don't understand it, or know how to react to it.