• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Trouble at the Ravine

Lifetime

There definitely is trouble at the Ravine.

While it won't go over well on a board like this, the real trouble is that I think I'm now a full-blooded Doyer fan.

Never ever ever in a million years did I think this was possible. I've been heads down into NFL the last couple months, preparing for the season, fantasy drafts for leagues, etc.

The play of the Angels has all but left baseball 3rd behind the NFL and NBA for me last few seasons - though I'm very active in all three.

I got caught up in watching every inning of their games since Puig and their energy surge, and sadly (or incredibly), it's the most fun I think I've had following baseball since 2002.

At first I was entirely conflicted.

But I couldn't deny the fun I was having and most of my friends and family (many on wife's side have really nice season seats) are Doyer fans, so instead of arguing with them...I finally just started enjoying it. And REALLY have had fun watching baseball.

I have a mancrush on Mattingly and LOVE how he actually manages the team. What he did to Puig almost seemed unthinkable after watching Scioscia for so long. I forgot that can actually happen.

I'll always love the Angels but it's nice now to have another local team I can enjoy.

So yeah, there is trouble in the Ravine. I have to find time to fit in Doyer games with drafts this weekend :(

I know most on here can't stomach the idea of being fans of both teams, but the few that are and probably aren't vocal about it on an Angel fan site are in baseball heaven right now.

Sometimes it's ok to just enjoy something and not fight it. :)

There definitely is trouble at the Ravine.

While it won't go over well on a board like this, the real trouble is that I think I'm now a full-blooded Doyer fan.

Never ever ever in a million years did I think this was possible. I've been heads down into NFL the last couple months, preparing for the season, fantasy drafts for leagues, etc.

The play of the Angels has all but left baseball 3rd behind the NFL and NBA for me last few seasons - though I'm very active in all three.

I got caught up in watching every inning of their games since Puig and their energy surge, and sadly (or incredibly), it's the most fun I think I've had following baseball since 2002.

At first I was entirely conflicted.

But I couldn't deny the fun I was having and most of my friends and family (many on wife's side have really nice season seats) are Doyer fans, so instead of arguing with them...I finally just started enjoying it. And REALLY have had fun watching baseball.

I have a mancrush on Mattingly and LOVE how he actually manages the team. What he did to Puig almost seemed unthinkable after watching Scioscia for so long. I forgot that can actually happen.

I'll always love the Angels but it's nice now to have another local team I can enjoy.

So yeah, there is trouble in the Ravine. I have to find time to fit in Doyer games with drafts this weekend :(

I know most on here can't stomach the idea of being fans of both teams, but the few that are and probably aren't vocal about it on an Angel fan site are in baseball heaven right now.

Sometimes it's ok to just enjoy something and not fight it. :)

I think SSS's post is a metaphor for coming out of the closet.

Trout was thrown out today too ... what's your point?

kalhoun was 2-2 earlier in tonights game too. 'What's your point?'

TD, no one is arguing puig can't hit. Hes got phenom bat speed and great contact. That still doesn't mean he's not a dick. And I still think he's getting way more coverage this year than hes been worth.

There's plenty of guys out there like josh donaldson, matt carpenter, xhris johnson from atlanta etc. All youngsters like puig, all having great years, none getting anywhere near the media hype puig is.

That's why I laugh reading all these dodger front runner posts. Theres a few other teams (st lou/atlanta) the dodgers will have to beat to advance...both having better ueara record wise and stat wise than the dodgers. So soon we forget the dodgers sucked as bad as we did 2 months ago. People say they had injuries. Fair enough. Ask cinc how good cueto and ludwick have been this year for them.....and they're right there with tje dodgers, in by far the best division in mlb.

kalhoun was 2-2 earlier in tonights game too. 'What's your point?'

TD, no one is arguing puig can't hit. Hes got phenom bat speed and great contact. That still doesn't mean he's not a dick. And I still think he's getting way more coverage this year than hes been worth.

There's plenty of guys out there like josh donaldson, matt carpenter, xhris johnson from atlanta etc. All youngsters like puig, all having great years, none getting anywhere near the media hype puig is.

That's why I laugh reading all these dodger front runner posts. Theres a few other teams (st lou/atlanta) the dodgers will have to beat to advance...both having better ueara record wise and stat wise than the dodgers. So soon we forget the dodgers sucked as bad as we did 2 months ago. People say they had injuries. Fair enough. Ask cinc how good cueto and ludwick have been this year for them.....and they're right there with tje dodgers, in by far the best division in mlb.

Hey we're just messing around don't get all serious on us.

All the dodger posts are started by Angel fans don't sweat it

Maybe you missed my

Calhoun Calhoun Calhoun post?

Edited by Troll Daddy

Puig is one of those players made for media. Great talent with drama that makes for exciting story lines. But as remarkable of a season Puig is having, Kershaw's is astounding. He's having one of the best season for a pitcher in the modern era. Clayton needs to yell at umps for not getting a call or glare at batters when he K's them. A fist pump here and there will ad some nice flair.

But for the sake of Puig's talent, I hope the Dodgers can steer him in the right direction. He's young (I think) and new to American culture. MLB is as much a mental game as it is physical. When he goes through slumps, he needs to keep his head on straight.