• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Trouble at the Ravine

Lifetime

One other thing I noticed in my strange transition (and yes, Always an Angel fan first but I'm having fun following the Doyers now)...

Think about all your Laker friends.  Do any of them hate the Clippers?

Of my 12~14 Laker friends or work associates, none hate the Clippers when I actually thought about it.  I know a few Clippers fans that don't care for the Lakers.

The same thing with Doyer fans.  None of my family and close friends hate the Angels.  They follow all the stats and stories along with their team.

But strangely, it seems many Angel fans dislike the Doyers.   And the Clips CAN affect the trajectory of the Lakers during the season where the Doyers can never really affect us minus interleague for a few.

The only common thread for the Clippers/Lakers and Angels/Doyers is that one has always lived in the shadow of the other (press-wise).  Yes, the Doyers and Lakers have tradition, history, etc.

While the Angels are creating their own...and the Clippers might get their first soon (I hope!), they can never catch up and make it "their" town.  Really, I hated everything about the Doyers because I was sick of only hearing everything-Blue and rarely talk about my Angels till 2002.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, but as SoCal sport fans, we're really blessed.

Two great NBA teams.  Two great MLB teams.  And while it *!&@# no NFL team, with fantasy football and Direct TV...I lose 3 days a week of any productivity (ok, well most Thursdays the last couple seasons).

Maybe before I pass this fine earth, I might live to see that real Freeway series and the Angels walk away with it all.

Maybe...

dodgers are loads of fun to watch right now. Ramirez and Puig are exciting offensive players. Greinke and Kershaw are spectacular. Nolasco and Ryu are very good, and Kenley Jansen is one of the best closers in baseball right now. I do not like the Dodgers at all, but if you can't admit they are well put together, then I don't know what to tell you. You ain't ****ing with Kershaw, Greinke, and Ryu in the playoffs. Sorry. 

There definitely is trouble at the Ravine.

While it won't go over well on a board like this, the real trouble is that I think I'm now a full-blooded Doyer fan.

Never ever ever in a million years did I think this was possible.  I've been heads down into NFL the last couple months, preparing for the season, fantasy drafts for leagues, etc.

The play of the Angels has all but left baseball 3rd behind the NFL and NBA for me last few seasons - though I'm very active in all three.

I got caught up in watching every inning of their games since Puig and their energy surge, and sadly (or incredibly), it's the most fun I think I've had following baseball since 2002.

At first I was entirely conflicted.  

But I couldn't deny the fun I was having and most of my friends and family (many on wife's side have really nice season seats) are Doyer fans, so instead of arguing with them...I finally just started enjoying it.  And REALLY have had fun watching baseball.

I have a mancrush on Mattingly and LOVE how he actually manages the team.   What he did to Puig almost seemed unthinkable after watching Scioscia for so long.  I forgot that can actually happen.

I'll always love the Angels but it's nice now to have another local team I can enjoy.

So yeah, there is trouble in the Ravine.  I have to find time to fit in Doyer games with drafts this weekend :(

I know most on here can't stomach the idea of being fans of both teams, but the few that are and probably aren't vocal about it on an Angel fan site are in baseball heaven right now.

Sometimes it's ok to just enjoy something and not fight it.  :)

I think I'm going to f*ckin puke.

Not since Guillian has there been a big enough asshole on the team that Scioscia had to do what Mattingly is facing on a weekly basis. So to say Scioscia isn't benching players for their actions on the field and in the clubhouse just means we don't have that disciplinary issue (also known as flair) on the roster.

One other thing I noticed in my strange transition (and yes, Always an Angel fan first but I'm having fun following the Doyers now)...

Think about all your Laker friends.  Do any of them hate the Clippers?

Of my 12~14 Laker friends or work associates, none hate the Clippers when I actually thought about it.  I know a few Clippers fans that don't care for the Lakers.

The same thing with Doyer fans.  None of my family and close friends hate the Angels.  They follow all the stats and stories along with their team.

But strangely, it seems many Angel fans dislike the Doyers.   And the Clips CAN affect the trajectory of the Lakers during the season where the Doyers can never really affect us minus interleague for a few.

The only common thread for the Clippers/Lakers and Angels/Doyers is that one has always lived in the shadow of the other (press-wise).  Yes, the Doyers and Lakers have tradition, history, etc.

While the Angels are creating their own...and the Clippers might get their first soon (I hope!), they can never catch up and make it "their" town.  Really, I hated everything about the Doyers because I was sick of only hearing everything-Blue and rarely talk about my Angels till 2002.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, but as SoCal sport fans, we're really blessed.

Two great NBA teams.  Two great MLB teams.  And while it *!&@# no NFL team, with fantasy football and Direct TV...I lose 3 days a week of any productivity (ok, well most Thursdays the last couple seasons).

Maybe before I pass this fine earth, I might live to see that real Freeway series and the Angels walk away with it all.

Maybe...

I can't think of a Dodger friend that I have that doesn't hate the Angels.  

Lakers friends of mine were pretty indifferent to the Clippers until last year when the Clipps were better.

If you don't think Dodger fans hate the Angels, then you haven't worn an Angels cap to Doyer Stadium at any point in the past 10 years.  Ever since 2002 Doyer fans have been very insecure about being the second best team in SoCal.  This year I'm sure they're feeling very good about themselves.

On a similar note, I don't understand why so many people here will root for the A's. After living in the east bay I can guarantee there are no A's fans rooting for the Angels. Except when they're playing the Rangers maybe, but that's for their own advantage.

I don't root for any Bay Area teams.  Ever.

In reference to some who have converted to Dodgers fans, I can't even conceive of it.  I have no connected to the franchise when I was growing up Irvine, have only been to one game in my entire life at the latrine, and I get no emotional response when I see them play.  They are just another team in CA like the Padres, Giants,or A's that just happen to be closer to where I live.  When I was a kid, it always mistified me why Dodgers fans would yell "Angels suck" whenever I wore an Angels hat yet I had no compulsion to yell the same.  Post-2002, what I discovered is, despite having 5 championships under their belt, the Angels WS championship brought some of the most irrational insecurities in Dodgers fans II have ever witnessed.  This is probably the main reason why like the name change - the Dodgers franchise itself became insecure and Dodgers fans projected those insecurities.  Instead of saying to themselves "We're the Dodgers so whatever", they would do whatever they could to remind the Angels you are not worthy.  Dodgers friends of mine would go of their way to either remind me of the 5 championship or point out why 2002 was a fluke.   During the McCourt era, they were awfully quiet despite some playoff appearances but now the facebook posts I get tagged on show they are starting to get more confident and look at the recent downturn of the Angels fortunes as an opportunity to remind Angels fans of their place.

For the record, F*ck the Dodgers.  I don't care about them. don't follow them, and give them only the casual interest a baseball fan would give a team who is not their own.  That being said, I wouldn't mind them exiting in the 1st round just to see their D-Bag fans start gripping again.