• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Trouble at the Ravine

Lifetime

Wow..a manager actually benched a guy, in the middle of a game, for playing like an idiot?

Been so long since Angel fans have seen a manager hold a player accountable, and give a player consequences...

They just don't understand it, or know how to react to it.

I remember Sosh doing that with Guillen.  I also remember a bunch of posters complaining on how Sosh ruined the season doing that.

Wow..a manager actually benched a guy, in the middle of a game, for playing like an idiot?

Been so long since Angel fans have seen a manager hold a player accountable, and give a player consequences...

LOL! How many times has Mattingly done that with Puig despite his ongoing antics? And who on the Angels fits the same mold?

Just a matter of time until it turned into a Scioscia hate thread

LOL! How many times has Mattingly done that with Puig despite his ongoing antics? And who on the Angels fits the same mold?

At least twice, once in front of his friends and family in Florida.

And in 14 years there have been plenty of guys that needed to watch from the bench for a while, and I don't remember anyone that actually was held accountable...

From Finley to Hamilton there have been about a dozen.

Edited by Homebrewer

I remember Sosh doing that with Guillen.  I also remember a bunch of posters complaining on how Sosh ruined the season doing that.

Season went to the shitter after that fiasco ... Vlad and Guillen were battling for rbi's that season and was fun to watch. I think Soch could of handled it better but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Because our team sucks so badly we don't have a lot of stuff to argue about when it comes to the Angels.

We already have 30 Sosh threads, 20 Dipoto threads, 15 Arte threads, 10 Butcher threads and another 25 about random crappy players.*

*Note:   These numbers are just horrible attempts at humor and in no way reflect actual numbers of AW threads, nor does the opinion of this author reflect those of AW.

How many players this year have been benched by their manager, even pulled in the middle of the game for conduct issues? This is not media, this is Puig creating these stories. The media is just reporting.

Puig is the Dodgers Alex Johnson. An incredible talent with career jepordizing issues.

Agreed, I just wanted to make my joke about his media attention :)

Season went to the shitter after that fiasco ... Vlad and Guillen were battling for rbi's that season and was fun to watch. I think Soch could of handled it better but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

:huh:

The team made a playoff run in the final week of the season sans Guillen. They were several games out when Guillen was benched.

Because our team sucks so badly we don't have a lot of stuff to argue about when it comes to the Angels.

We already have 30 Sosh threads, 20 Dipoto threads, 15 Arte threads, 10 Butcher threads and another 25 about random crappy players.*

*Note:   These numbers are just horrible attempts at humor and in no way reflect actual numbers of AW threads, nor does the opinion of this author reflect those of AW.

I think you are wrong. 

At least twice, once in front of his friends and family in Florida.

And in 14 years there have been plenty of guys that needed to watch from the bench for a while, and I don't remember anyone that actually was held accountable...

From Finley to Hamilton there have been about a dozen.

Neither Finley or Hamilton qualify for the same reasons as Puig. 

According to the article, Puig was fatigued. Why has this become 6 pages about Puig's attitude? (Which I am not a fan of)

According to Puig it was caused by him being fatigued. This has been about Puig's attitude and behavior because that has been an ongoing issue with him. 

Another thing. I can absolutely (to a point) accept he's a young player from another country trying to fit in thing.

That said, there's plenty of young dominicans, japanese players etc that haven't been dickheads their first three months.

Anyone remember arrendondo? I ran into that guy once. It wasn't cultural, he just had a bad attitude....like plenty of domestic players....like plenty of non baseball players.

Florencia 13....18th street....mara salvatrucha....all just young kids trying to fit in?

According to Puig it was caused by him being fatigued. This has been about Puig's attitude and behavior because that has been an ongoing issue with him.

He's 22 with an attitude and he's hitting .346 with a .963 OPS. We have a 33 year old guy that pouts when he doesn't get a hit even if we win. Same thing.

Edited by Hamiltown