• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Trouble at the Ravine

Lifetime

Kershaw has a better WHIP and a full point lower ERA and goes deeper in the game.

Scherzer has him beat with K/9 and of course Wins.

I'm going with Kershaw in a must win game.

I'd take kershaw over any pircher in baseball.

That said, he does benefit from playing in the nl (no dh), and in a division with three very pitcher friendly parks, fwiw. So not to take anything away from him, like I said, he's the best there is right now. But when it comes doen to two guys relatively close, you gotta consider where they play.

I'd take kershaw over any pircher in baseball.

That said, he does benefit from playing in the nl (no dh), and in a division with three very pitcher friendly parks, fwiw. So not to take anything away from him, like I said, he's the best there is right now. But when it comes doen to two guys relatively close, you gotta consider where they play.

His home/away splits are extremely close. He actually has a better WHIP, and BAA on the road.

Part of being a good troll is subtlety. This is a concept that was lost on you quite a while ago.

Actually, other trolls should learn from his example.  Pimp has been around for years laying low with benign comments with a healthy dose of "stupid" to catch you off guard.  The trick is to always be a troll but not look like you are always trolling.  The best is when a new poster engages him earnestly only to start getting suspicious when the "stupid" comes in.

Scherzer has 19 wins out of 20 decisions. Kershaw has 13/21.

Edge: scherzer

:huh:

Pitcher wins is one of the most fallible and poorly-calculated statistics in baseball. I'll take the guy with the 1.72 ERA and 0.88 WHIP in 204 innings.

Kershaw is the only player in baseball whom I would even consider trading Trout for.

His home/away splits are extremely close. He actually has a better WHIP, and BAA on the road.

good point.

I'd counter with (and I'm clueless to what it is) his numbers against specific teams/parks. The only reason I say that, we tend to assume everyone plays a balanced schedule against everyone. A few years ago in the kershaw/halladay debate, I broke down some numbers to a friend. Basically, (that year), halladay bettered kershaw foe four months. Kershaw moced past in august when the nl west schedule came back. And off the top of my head, he made only ten starts that year vs teams that were in the top half in runs scored.

No idea what it looks like this year. And in case I come off like I'm not giving him enough credit, I still think he's the best pitcher in the game (by a decent margin).