• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More Trouble at the Ravine

Lifetime

Flair, attitude and passion can be present with respect for the game, your teammates, the fans, and other players.  They are not mutually exclusive.  

With Puig, it doesn't appear he can control his raw emotion and he also lacks the general awareness that his actions are unusual and could be construed as detrimental.  He's shown a propensity to be self serving.

Maybe he will become more mature and gain a greater understanding of what his actions mean to the team, but we've seen guys like this before and the outcome usually ends up not being good.  

So, Trout and Harper (laughable really)are too bland and need to be more Puig-like but you're not complaining or anything. 

You have got to be kidding. The last thing MLB needs is to be more like the NFL and NBA. 

Harper less likely so. He has a bigger personality. Trout kind of just seems shy and you never hear him talk to the media or really say anything. Personalities bring the average fan in. What MLB needs is more average fan than the die harders. I guess that is your opinion that they need to be less like the NFL and NBA. I think it would be fun to see more personalities out of players in the MLB. You get to know more players. I love baseball and used to be able to randomly know different players on different teams. But out of a handful of good players on other teams I bet the average fan wouldn't be able to name the best player on most MLB teams. Yet most average fans can name the best player on probably 90% of the NFL and NBA teams. I would just like to see some actual personalities in baseball, and not the same generic Mike Scioscia kind of we need to turn the page responses out of 90% of the players.

Harper less likely so. He has a bigger personality. Trout kind of just seems shy and you never hear him talk to the media or really say anything. Personalities bring the average fan in. What MLB needs is more average fan than the die harders. I guess that is your opinion that they need to be less like the NFL and NBA. I think it would be fun to see more personalities out of players in the MLB. You get to know more players. I love baseball and used to be able to randomly know different players on different teams. But out of a handful of good players on other teams I bet the average fan wouldn't be able to name the best player on most MLB teams. Yet most average fans can name the best player on probably 90% of the NFL and NBA teams. I would just like to see some actual personalities in baseball, and not the same generic Mike Scioscia kind of we need to turn the page responses out of 90% of the players.

I consider myself a big sports fan that watches probably 150 Angel games a year and 60-70 Laker games a year oh and probably 25 nfl games a year. There is no way in hell I could name the best player on 90% of nfl or nba teams.

Flair, attitude and passion can be present with respect for the game, your teammates, the fans, and other players.  They are not mutually exclusive.  

With Puig, it doesn't appear he can control his raw emotion and he also lacks the general awareness that his actions are unusual and could be construed as detrimental.  He's shown a propensity to be self serving.

Maybe he will become more mature and gain a greater understanding of what his actions mean to the team, but we've seen guys like this before and the outcome usually ends up not being good.  

I don't mean you have to be disrespectful but having flair attitude and passion would be good for baseball. Rather than when the baseball fans and I mean usually older baseball fans who get made at people like KRod for having his close out game routine. That stuff I like. I like seeing passion from players. Flair. You don't have to be a dick but baseball needs some flair needs some fire. You have these huge stars coming up and it looks like they are going in the right direction with some flair. Bryce has some attitude and so does Puig. I would like to hear Trout talk more and become a leader and ya. I don't know maybe because I am younger or grew up loving baseball but I miss personalities that it used to have. Bring the casual fan in with big personalities and ya. 

Total example Pujols and Hamilton huge "stars" of baseball. Pujols is as quiet as a mouse and shows no emotion no care in the world. Hamilton is the same neither talk much at all and the only reason Hamilton is known from casual observers is because of his drug abuse. Pujols if you went to a random casual fan probably wouldn't be known by much. Outside of people who watch daily. Market the sport to younger generation and get some new fresh faces to watch the game. 

I consider myself a big sports fan that watches probably 150 Angel games a year and 60-70 Laker games a year oh and probably 25 nfl games a year. There is no way in hell I could name the best player on 90% of nfl or nba teams.

Fair enough. I think you probably could. If you couldn't name the best player on 90% of the NBA and NFL teams than I am sure you can't name them for baseball. With their awful marketing.

Puig was a adrenaline shot for the Dodgers in their climb to the top of the standings.

I don't remember Trout being that player in 2011.

LOL..

So the Dodgers rise had nothing to do with Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu and Hanley Ramirez killing it? Also, after that brawl the team took off. Every Dodgers fan friend I know says it was the brawl between the Diamondbacks that woke the sleeping giant of a team up.