• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

Well, if the Angels signed him, I’d trust that they would’ve done their homework on that.

They have Nevin and Thames who were with Sánchez in NY, and they also have two former teammates of his in Urshela and Drury.

This is what makes me think they might sign him. Could cancel out the ego stuff. 

I honestly wouldn't mind a good PH batting option for late game stuff. Can only take so much of Stassi's 0-4 nights. 

5 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

This is what makes me think they might sign him. Could cancel out the ego stuff. 

I honestly wouldn't mind a good PH batting option for late game stuff. Can only take so much of Stassi's 0-4 nights. 

He also has a good arm, which should be of more importance with the new rules.

I wouldn’t mind it. The only question I’d have, and it’d be a good problem to have, is what would they do if O’Hoppe proves he’s ready during spring training or in the first couple months? They’d be stuck with Sánchez and Stassi and most likely be unable to make room for him.

Edited by Trendon

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

He also has a good arm, which should be of more importance with the new rules.

I wouldn’t mind it. The only question I’d have, and it’d be a good problem to have, is what would they do if O’Hoppe proves he’s ready during spring training or in the first couple months? They’d be stuck with Sánchez and Stassi and most likely be unable to make room for him.

I think it's hard to hand a job to O'Hoppe based on 10 ABs in 2022 and a good Spring. They made that mistake with Adell and Marsh. They are much better served letting O'Hoppe catch in AAA for 30 games with Daniel, Bush, Silseth, Bachman (maybe), Crow, et al. If he is absolutely setting the world on fire, you gauge interest in Stassi. 

“Michael Wacha, who went 11-2 with a 3.32 ERA in 23 starts last season, is easily the best pitcher still available on the free-agent market. He’s seeking a deal that would pay him about $15 million a season.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/01/15/scott-boras-carlos-correa-mlb-free-agency-mets/11054597002/

Good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

“Michael Wacha, who went 11-2 with a 3.32 ERA in 23 starts last season, is easily the best pitcher still available on the free-agent market. He’s seeking a deal that would pay him about $15 million a season.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/01/15/scott-boras-carlos-correa-mlb-free-agency-mets/11054597002/

Good luck with that.

0471BB3C-A7B0-419F-B816-B8A7655227CF.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Good luck with that.

No Way Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

Good luck with that.

this is a good thing.  It's so unreasonable that when Feb rolls around he'll take a 1yr 6mil deal 

19 hours ago, Redondo said:

That's insane that a 16 year old gets that. And I'm not trashing it. It could work out to ve a genius investment for them. Just crazy to see someone spend that much on a kid, and for a kid to overnight make more money than 99 percent of the world, based on potential.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That's insane that a 16 year old gets that. And I'm not trashing it. It could work out to ve a genius investment for them. Just crazy to see someone spend that much on a kid, and for a kid to overnight make more money than 99 percent of the world, based on potential.

Conceptually it's crazy to think about. I mean, Jo Adell already had secured a full ride scholarship to play baseball at Louisville when he was in the 8th grade. Most of these Latin American kids start training full time at different complexes by the time they're 11 or 12 and have million dollar handshake agreements by 14. 

When you go that young, you aren't even discovering ball players anymore. You're taking little leaguers and indoctrinating them into a baseball life. On the other hand it's better than the alternative out there, which is abject poverty and limited educational or career mobility.

26 minutes ago, Second Base said:

….When you go that young, you aren't even discovering ball players anymore. You're taking little leaguers and indoctrinating them into a baseball life. On the other hand it's better than the alternative out there, which is abject poverty and limited educational or career mobility.

A draft, at maybe 18, would help…but that got caught up in CBA talks….