• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

how's it different?

not trying to derail the thread, but i'm interested as how it could be different.

I'm actually not sure how you could possibly view them as the same.  

I'm not a fan of either as a human being.  So I'm good with the Angels not getting them if that was their reasoning.  

From a PR stand point, Chapman is much easier.  

And they did two totally different things.  One could argue that what Chapman did was worse.    This is probably all I'll engage on this btw for the reasons you stated in terms of not wanting to derail the the thread and also because I'm not concerned about convincing someone else to share my opinion.   

8 hours ago, Second Base said:

This is why the Marlins are losers. When they have something of value, they trade it away, and the return is always laughably disappointing. 

Christian Yelich landed then Brinson, Diaz, Harrison avd Yamamoto. In other words, they got a collection of nothing for a future MVP. 

They traded Giancarlo Stanton and in return got Starlin Castro, Jose Devers and Jorge Guzman. Castro has been Gio Urshela, basically. Devers is a utility infielder and depth fodder at the moment and Guzman is a AAA reliever. Stanton was coming off an MVP season. 

And now they traded away the most valuable commodity in baseball, good, young consistent, controllable pitching. And in return they got a 1B with bad knees that's piss poor defensively, can't hit for power, nor run. Arraez won a batting title, but it's an empty batting average.  Miami even threw prospects on top of the deal. 

And this is why that organization continues to disappoint. 

Except for those 2 rings 

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Oh shit.

Well. Ok then. I was wrong.

i was going to post what trendon did, but i figured that path had already been crossed.

now you see why i find it hard to see how doc can distinguish between regretting missing out on one, but the other is a hard no.

anyways, i was just curious.

back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Angels fan
8:24
I don’t like our relievers, who can we add to make our bullpen better?

Mark P
Andrew Chafin is the obvious answer, as the best unsigned reliever on the market

Bob Vance
8:46
Recently both Trout and Perry have said the Angels aren’t done yet this off-season. Do you see one more starter?

Mark P
8:47
Famous last words, but it seems like the Halos have enough SP depth already.  That is, if they stick to a five-man rotation and don't again decide to adopt a six-man staff.

Ohtani
9:39
Tell me something positive about our pitching besides me

Mark P
9:40
I like the Angels rotation quite a bit, actually. If Tyler Anderson can continue his good form, they could be sneaky-excellent

Ohtani
9:58
100% new owner will not let me leave

Mark P
9:59
If a new owner convinces Ohtani that the organization is on the right track, and obviously pays up with a record-setting extension offer, Ohtani will remain in Anaheim.  But, it's just speculation on my part, since Ohtani hasn't given any hint about his feelings other than being frustrated over losing (which is natural for any player)

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:
Angels fan
I don’t like our relievers, who can we add to make our bullpen better?

Mark P
Andrew Chafin is the obvious answer, as the best unsigned reliever on the market

Bob Vance
8:46
Recently both Trout and Perry have said the Angels aren’t done yet this off-season. Do you see one more starter?

Mark P
8:47
Famous last words, but it seems like the Halos have enough SP depth already.  That is, if they stick to a five-man rotation and don't again decide to adopt a six-man staff.

Ohtani
9:39
Tell me something positive about our pitching besides me

Mark P
9:40
I like the Angels rotation quite a bit, actually. If Tyler Anderson can continue his good form, they could be sneaky-excellent

Ohtani
9:58
100% new owner will not let me leave

Mark P
9:59
If a new owner convinces Ohtani that the organization is on the right track, and obviously pays up with a record-setting extension offer, Ohtani will remain in Anaheim.  But, it's just speculation on my part, since Ohtani hasn't given any hint about his feelings other than being frustrated over losing (which is natural for any player)

Mark P actually knows what he talking about, surprisingly.

44 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Our fans are fucking dumb.  If you think Ohtani is the only positive part of our rotation then I’m going to assume you are fucking clueless and your opinion is less important than knowledgeable fans. 

If they were on AW they’d know better. We have answers right here.

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

give it a rest.  no one cares but you.  

You are only defending because of the poster that made the statement which has proven to be false. Pretty much any other poster here would be getting blasted for posting something like that. Every non salary dump trade that continues to happen is just more and more proof that regular offseason trades are alive and well.

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Another salary dump trade.

WTF? Taylor is making $4.5 million, that is kind of league minimum for a Center Fielder with 9 years in the league. They traded for a stud reliever with team control for a guy with an 81 career OPS+. This is a win for the Royals but it isn't about salary relief. They have Drew Walters and Dairon Blanco to play center field. So they traded from surplus for a plus plus pitching prospect. That's a GM using his head. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

WTF? Taylor is making $4.5 million, that is kind of league minimum for a Center Fielder with 9 years in the league. They traded for a stud reliever with team control for a guy with an 81 career OPS+. This is a win for the Royals but it isn't about salary relief. They have Drew Walters and Dairon Blanco to play center field. So they traded from surplus for a plus plus pitching prospect. That's a GM using his head. 

He was being facetious because Fletcher said real trades don’t happen anymore. Beatles has been retarded about it ever since Fletcher said it. 

38 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

You are only defending because of the poster that made the statement which has proven to be false. Pretty much any other poster here would be getting blasted for posting something like that. Every non salary dump trade that continues to happen is just more and more proof that regular offseason trades are alive and well.

not true at all.  I disagree with Jeff all the time and let him know.  He made an overly general statement and admitted that he shouldn't have spoken in absolutes.  Even if he was wrong, who cares.  You've brought it back several times now.  Do you want a pat on the back for being right?