• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

Accumulating minor league corner infield/OF depth options.  Definitely needed.  Maybe one can turn out to be somewhat decent.

Jones did have 108 PAs for the Cheatin Asstros in 2021, .674 OPS.

Minor league career .820 OPS over 2,343 PAs, turns 29 in 2023.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Was this a guy the Halos should have considered?

Throws hard, terrible control (though better last year), was better younger, became unreliable, moved in and out of the rotation.  Seems like teams doubted his ability to make a consistent impact in MLB, which is likely why he got a one-year, "prove it"-type deal.

20 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Was this a guy the Halos should have considered?

Yes, absolutely yes. I haven't been disappointed we didn't get anyone in particular this winter, except him. Big Japanese dude, finally healthy again, throws 100. Coming out of high school the same year as Shohei, the big debate in Japan was "who is better?" Between the two of them. 

Sort of like Harper vs Trout when they were in the minors. 

I think he's better suited for the bullpen until a few things are ironed out, but the A's are trying to catch lightning in a bottle by putting him in the rotation. He's either an ace, or he's a closer. Not a whole lot in between for him.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I wouldn’t mind the Angels taking a shot with Gary Sanchez.  

I’d have to know what his reputation is in the clubhouse. He’s done some stupid things that make you wonder but if he’s not considered a clubhouse cancer, I’d consider it.  Just don’t know.

23 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I’d have to know what his reputation is in the clubhouse. He’s done some stupid things that make you wonder but if he’s not considered a clubhouse cancer, I’d consider it.  Just don’t know.

I don’t know anything about any of that.  If he’s a shit head then sure not worth it. 

33 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think it is more of him being a bad defensive catcher.

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Well, if the Angels signed him, I’d trust that they would’ve done their homework on that.

They have Nevin and Thames who were with Sánchez in NY, and they also have two former teammates of his in Urshela and Drury.

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yes, absolutely yes. I haven't been disappointed we didn't get anyone in particular this winter, except him. Big Japanese dude, finally healthy again, throws 100. Coming out of high school the same year as Shohei, the big debate in Japan was "who is better?" Between the two of them. 

Sort of like Harper vs Trout when they were in the minors. 

I think he's better suited for the bullpen until a few things are ironed out, but the A's are trying to catch lightning in a bottle by putting him in the rotation. He's either an ace, or he's a closer. Not a whole lot in between for him.

Happy Don Rickles GIF

I had just read an article in The Athletic that said the Cubs were interested in Chafin and Moore, but that “the decision right now appears to be choosing between that bat and a veteran relief pitcher.”

https://theathletic.com/4091508/2023/01/14/cubs-convention-roster-holes/?source=user_shared_article

So hopefully them signing Mancini means they’re now out of the market for a veteran relief pitcher, since I’m hoping the Angels are playing in that market.