• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

14 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

We’ll then give me Reyes and Britton on 2-3m deals and leave 6-7 for wacha? 

doubt that gets it done for Wacha.  

I think they're prioritizing someone in particular from the SP or RP pool.  If they get that one guy then they'll use whatever's left for some spare parts.  Or the two guys they want are just a bit too expensive combined and they're holding out until the last possible minute. 

I think we're getting into the time range where whoever's left is gonna be a slight 'luxury'

Everyone left is either depth for a good team or trade bait at the deadline for a bad team.  

23 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I'm half wondering if the Angels are eye balling Chapman right now.    

I'd rather they chased Knebel or Moore.  I'm a bit surprised Moore hasn't been signed by someone, his statcast/savant data last year was impressive, FB was back near 94 again.  There are some guys people might label "failures" out there that had interesting underlying numbers.  

56 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'd rather they chased Knebel or Moore.  I'm a bit surprised Moore hasn't been signed by someone, his statcast/savant data last year was impressive, FB was back near 94 again.  There are some guys people might label "failures" out there that had interesting underlying numbers.  

I bet Minasain is working hard now.  To step outside my usual narrative, this is where the roster gets built.  I know it’s not glamorous but this is where some of the innings will come from.  

3 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

While ideally the Angels bring in a starter and another solid reliever, if they are trying not to pass the luxury tax, I'd rather grab another starter if at all possible.

Same, although at least on the FA market, they may struggle to find someone who fits within that budget, as we're probably talking about, at most, a 7mil contract now. 

So, it would probably either be someone coming off injury, looking to rebuild value (Duffy was mentioned by @Docwaukee), or perhaps more likely, a trade for a cost-controlled SP.

3 hours ago, Revad said:

I bet Minasain is working hard now.  To step outside my usual narrative, this is where the roster gets built.  I know it’s not glamorous but this is where some of the innings will come from.  

Most of the heavy lifting is usually already done by now.  I would say now, it is moreso just improving the fringes of the roster and depth, with an outside chance of a "big trade" of sorts.  

FWIW, we were listed as one of 5 teams who had a strong offseason.  I have seen that sentiment echoed by various others out there as well too.  I think Minasian has done a great job of using the available budget to improve our depth.  Our roster is definitely not perfect, but I think a lot of holes and gaps have been filled, and I expect this team to contend.

6 hours ago, Trendon said:

I’m not against it, but that’d be a pretty crowded bullpen.

That’d be 6 relievers on guaranteed contracts + Quijada and Herget. And Barría is out of options.

Right.  I think most bullpens these days have at least 1-2 guys who have options, who they can ship back and forth, for the sake of keeping guys fresh and not wearing out pitchers.  I think the IL is effectively used to do that too.

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I thought in today’s presser Perry said he’s all set with Trout, Ward, Renfroe and Phillips in the outfield? Maybe Adell took offense to that? 

He did! Adell probably did as well, but he can't be mad, he hasn't proved anything at the major league level yet. 

Honestly hope he gets traded at some point

48 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

He did! Adell probably did as well, but he can't be mad, he hasn't proved anything at the major league level yet. 

Honestly hope he gets traded at some point

I see on reddit Adell removed "Angels" from his Instagram bio - dunno what it means, but think he at least noticed Perry's comments.

He has to be realistic - he doesn't deserve a major league slot yet.  

image.thumb.png.b01e2bda9546f2567732c17c498d9ea3.png

34 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Man if the Rangers get Bryan Reynolds with their already beefed up pitching staff to go along with Seager, Lowe, Semien, Garcia...gasp! They're going to be a tough opponent in 2023. 

They may be but I would be okay with them trading away cheap young pitching and losing depth there considering almost all of their pitching has injury concerns currently. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Man if the Rangers get Bryan Reynolds with their already beefed up pitching staff to go along with Seager, Lowe, Semien, Garcia...gasp! They're going to be a tough opponent in 2023. 

That’s what I was thinking the other day when I said all we need is another team better than us.  Other teams are improving too.