• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

6 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

All of this said, we are a very poor match for the Marlins.  They are looking for MLB ready hitters.  We don’t have much hitting depth.  We are better paired off with a team that is looking to trade hitting for pitching prospects.

Yeah... if Rengifo was a legit OF he'd be a good guy to send in a trade. The Marlins just have way too many middle infielders. 

I just wonder if we could get one of those guys for Adell + in a deal. 

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah... if Rengifo was a legit OF he'd be a good guy to send in a trade. The Marlins just have way too many middle infielders. 

I just wonder if we could get one of those guys for Adell + in a deal. 

I think we have to accept that Adell basically has no trade value as of right now.  If he has a strong year in AAA and demonstrates the things he has historically lacked (I.e. plate discipline, less Ks, better defense), then he can regain some of his value.  But as of now, I think it’s fairly close to zero.

5 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I would kick tires on Danny Duffy.  Could probably start or relieve.  Probably innings limit s/p injury.  

He was particularly good in 2021, but couldn't finish the year and was out all last year.  I think he'd be worth a gamble.  Even if he isn't healthy enough to start, he seems like he'd be a very good reliever.

7 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I agree. Dodgers continually giving him chances makes me wonder what they saw in him too. 

It'll be interesting to see who gambles on him this time.  He could be the new Cole Hamels - keeps getting contracts but never pitches.  Not a bad gig, IMO.

8 hours ago, Warfarin said:

After his role in the cheating scandal, this seems to be a rather appropriate turn of events.

Seriously fuck that guy. Plus he was a huge pussy when Joe Kelly threw at him. 

6 hours ago, Tank said:

image.jpeg

Off-topic: So I am too young to have watched SNL when Dan Aykroyd was on there...but...

...is this where Michael from The Office got the line from when he said "Dwight, you ignorant slut!"

Because I never knew it was connected to SNL. 

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Anyone notice Jo Adell removed the Angels off his bio on IG? used to say "Los Angeles Angels #7" 

Now just says "Athlete".

Maybe he found out he's starting in AAA hahahahaha

I thought in today’s presser Perry said he’s all set with Trout, Ward, Renfroe and Phillips in the outfield? Maybe Adell took offense to that?