• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

No, I agree with you there.  Both guys seemed to smoke and mirror their way through 2022.   Wacha is weird, oldest 30/31 year old pitcher in a long time.  The one thing he has going for him is he can still manufacture his own outs at least.  

He's signed now, and was problematic due injury concerns and yet another lefty -- but I liked Wade Miley as a possible addition.

Interesting.  Is it because of soft contact?  (Miley)

Even though I know it's unlikely and all these guys are who they are, but I prefer to target the guys that you might be able to fix and turn into something better.  That's kind of why I'd lean toward Wacha.  Where there's a Morton or Martin Perez or Tyler Anderson in there.  

29 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Interesting.  Is it because of soft contact?  (Miley)

Even though I know it's unlikely and all these guys are who they are, but I prefer to target the guys that you might be able to fix and turn into something better.  That's kind of why I'd lean toward Wacha.  Where there's a Morton or Martin Perez or Tyler Anderson in there.  

Check his pitch tracking (whiff and chase rates)  https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/wade-miley-489119?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb

Miley has a weak FB but tons of spin and gets people to chase both his slider and his change.  He's a poor man's Sandoval.

42 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

If the Rays couldn’t coax more out of Wacha, I’m not confident the Angels could.

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Nope, I wouldn't do that unless we knew that Ohtani was not going to sign with us. 

If they did Adell, Quero and Bachman maybe. 

I think you need to plan on Ohtani not returning. Then if he does, you have the necessary depth to either use on the roster or trade from. 

Cabrera is one of the better pitching prospects (recently graduated) in baseball. If he's available and you have the pieces off your major league roster to acquire him, then I think you have to pull that trigger. 

I doubt Adell, Quero and Bachman do it. But Neto and Quero. I bet they'd go for that. 

44 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

We went from stupid SS trades to now pitching trades...

Well let's be real here, this is a community online discussion format for Angels baseball and all things baseball (and more).. 

Proposing trade scenarios has been part of this community culture for nearly two decades now and it's not going to ever stop. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

You don’t need more out of him. 

I’m not the one saying you’d need more out of him.

The person whose post I was quoting mentioned him as someone “you might be able to fix and turn into something better.”

19 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

What about sending prospects to the Pirates for Bryan Reynolds, then trading Ward straight up for E. Cabrera? 

When do teams ever make back-to-back big trades like this?

It just doesn’t happen.

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

When do teams ever make back-to-back big trades like this?

It just doesn’t happen.

I'm fairly certain it has happened in the past, but to make it easier just do a three-way trade with the Pirates and Marlins.