• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

17 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Have a feeling angels are going after haniger or nimmo. 

Wouldnt mind seeing benitendi as well. 

Nimmo please. I've wanted the Angels to get him since I knew he was going to be a FA. He's a perfect fit.

He's a bit iffy defensively but he's at least able to field the position at a league average level. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Nimmo please. I've wanted the Angels to get him since I knew he was going to be a FA. He's a perfect fit.

He's a bit iffy defensively but he's at least able to field the position at a league average level. 

He will get a deal far above Minasian’s budget….

39 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

How do we know his budget?

We don't...but signing one of the elite MI guys would put us over the luxury tax (or very close to it, with no room to do anything else)....history says Arte won't go over the luxury tax....could the pending sale change that?  I guess but I wouldn't bet on that....I think we are more likely to see a trade or trades.....

20 minutes ago, DMVol said:

We don't...but signing one of the elite MI guys would put us over the luxury tax (or very close to it, with no room to do anything else)....history says Arte won't go over the luxury tax....could the pending sale change that?  I guess but I wouldn't bet on that....I think we are more likely to see a trade or trades.....

Is lux tax at 233 this year. Wonder where Angels are now. I do not think they get top MI but an OF and MI on trade or lower end, Andrus or Segura. 

14 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Is lux tax at 233 this year. Wonder where Angels are now. I do not think they get top MI but an OF and MI on trade or lower end, Andrus or Segura. 

This says maybe around 185, with arbitration projections, if I am reading it correctly...so I'm not sure, but if true, it gives Minasian a little more room than I thought he had....that is assuming we stay under the luxury tax....

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels/payroll/

fangraphs has them at 187m for the lux tax and 173m for normal payroll.  

If they were going to 190 for regular payroll and have about 18m for LF, a strong util guy, a backup C and maybe a pen arm, that should lead to some decent upgrades.  

Once again, I think the cap isn't relevant because the budget won't approach 220m.  If it does, I'll be surprised.  But it might creep toward 195.  If it does, I doubt it's for anyone longer than a 3 year deal.  

2 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

fangraphs has them at 187m for the lux tax and 173m for normal payroll.  

If they were going to 190 for regular payroll and have about 18m for LF, a strong util guy, a backup C and maybe a pen arm, that should lead to some decent upgrades.  

Once again, I think the cap isn't relevant because the budget won't approach 220m.  If it does, I'll be surprised.  But it might creep toward 195.  If it does, I doubt it's for anyone longer than a 3 year deal.  

Will they even go to 190? They only went to 180 last season.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Will they even go to 190? They only went to 180 last season.

good question and frankly I have no idea.  I thought there was a reasonable chance that they'd sit on what was their current anticipated payroll yet they moved quickly on Anderson.  I think the next most likely option is to be at around what they were last year.  So 180-185.  Followed by the less likely option of bumping payroll up a bit and then the unlikely option of going big.  

If all they did for the rest of the off season was to grab a solid LFer and a decent bench guy who can cover 1b/3b/OF or maybe the MIF along with some interesting scraps in the pen then I can live with that because it's really the most I expect and in fact probably a bit more.