• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

12 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

In all likelihood, it would decrease the sale price, not increase it, since a major long-term contract is an ongoing financial liability. 

That’s why I don’t think they’ll get anyone major. One-year deals or reasonable multi-years like Anderson could boost the team’s chances of winning though - that might up some value depending when the sale starts proceeding. 

49 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

We need an offensive minded SS, if he can play defense, fine.  If Arte wants to open the wallet for Correa, OK.  

As a fan, I would prefer Turner, because of his on-base skills, or Swanson, who has a nice all around game.  

Turner would look nice at the top of the order, Swanson would fit very well at 6 or even 7, depending on how Rendon and Walsh look when they return. 

I think halos have one in Rengifo

6 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Off topic, but how would the group feel about AJ Pollock as a low-risk, high reward, OF?

Had a good thing going with the boys in blue, not very good while in Chitown.  With the lack of shifts, he may bounce back, and his big money days are certainly gone.  Maybe 1 yr, 2 mil?

Haniger, Conforto, Pollock, potentially even Bellinger, Gallo, Mancini, perhaps even Benintendi…all of these guys could be hunting for a 1-yr rebound deal to re-enter the market with better shot at a long-term deal. I hope we get at least one. Sort of like the Syndergaard deal in theory.

7 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Off topic, but how would the group feel about AJ Pollock as a low-risk, high reward, OF?

Had a good thing going with the boys in blue, not very good while in Chitown.  With the lack of shifts, he may bounce back, and his big money days are certainly gone.  Maybe 1 yr, 2 mil?

He declined a $13M player option in favor of a $5M buyout, so he’s getting more than 2 million.

But I do think he’s one of the better outfielders available in free agency and would have interest in him.

3 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

He turned down like 10 mill

6 hours ago, totdprods said:

That’s why I don’t think they’ll get anyone major. One-year deals or reasonable multi-years like Anderson could boost the team’s chances of winning though - that might up some value depending when the sale starts proceeding. 

I've been saying this but the long term "liability" of a contract is while they'll stay away from the big expensive free agents but not a burden to sign Ohtani, who is a top two or three player in the game, and it would not affect shorter term payroll investments. The new owner would hopefully prioritize winning, and someone like Theo Epstein or Dombrowski will hopefully be aboard to run the show. 

No one who buys the team this season for 2.5-3 billion is going to care about payroll being reduced or increased by 40 M. Arte has run a profitable team and he bought the team for less than 200 million.

The long term liability vs. asset vs. profit is not really a big deal in a sports team sale. Any buyer is not gonna be concerned with a new Long term contract unless it's a crazy overpay. Or a dumb move.

So no Aaron Judge or long term deal for DeGrom. Turner etc, not likely but not out of the question. Ninmo, Senga, etc, more likely.

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I've been saying this but the long term "liability" of a contract is while they'll stay away from the big expensive free agents but not a burden to sign Ohtani, who is a top two or three player in the game, and it would not affect shorter term payroll investments. The new owner would hopefully prioritize winning, and someone like Theo Epstein or Dombrowski will hopefully be aboard to run the show. 

No one who buys the team this season for 2.5-3 billion is going to care about payroll being reduced or increased by 40 M. Arte has run a profitable team and he bought the team for less than 200 million.

The long term liability vs. asset vs. profit is not really a big deal in a sports team sale. Any buyer is not gonna be concerned with a new Long term contract unless it's a crazy overpay. Or a dumb move.

So no Aaron Judge or long term deal for DeGrom. Turner etc, not likely but not out of the question. Ninmo, Senga, etc, more likely.

And depending on the sale timeline, it could make the team more attractive. Might not raise the value per se, but could attract another bidder or two if the team is built well and starts well.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

And depending on the sale timeline, it could make the team more attractive. Might not raise the value per se, but could attract another bidder or two if the team is built well and starts well.

Not according to some here. Arte is better off selling a hooptie. People always love spending billions on dumpster fires. Just ask Elon .