• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst year for the Angels?

Torridd

I've been a good fan since the team was born in 1961. There were some bad teams, but hey, we had a team, so ANYTHING they did was worth having the team, win or lose. Not a lot of expectations til 1980, when the lost 95 games after winning the division the year before. That was dissapointing. But THIS year is beyond belief, with the embarrassing play (7 HR"S in a game, all with nobdy on and we lose, 9th inning blunders lately with Seattle, 5 starters in the lineup who can't hit .200, 14 game losing streak to erase a hot start, followed by the manager getting a mohawk (?) to "loosen" the guys up- what am I missing, I know there was more embarrassment than that...

This is definitely the most dissappointing and embarrassing season in the history of Angels baseball. I keep looking for where and how long ago this curse started- can't pinpoint it, there's been so much unbelievable junk and bad luck go on with team, its unbelievable. 

I just keep telling myself they got hot and won it all in 2002, they can do it again someday.

WE need an excorcist.

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

1980, worst record in franchise history (65-95), coming off of an AL West title season in 1979

1983 was no picnic either. Coming off one win away from the World Series. Angels were a half game out of first place on July 19. Went 24-48 the rest of the way and finished 29 games behind the White Sox.

18 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

1980, worst record in franchise history (65-95), coming off of an AL West title season in 1979

95 losses is pretty bad.

They've done that a couple of times, 94 once, 92 a couple of times...

Angels are on pace to lose 92 this year.

So maybe not the worst but since I've followed the team (1985) only one team as been this bad (1999, 92 losses).