• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We have enough to get any of those guys. 

Agreed. What you’ll typically see is teams give up some combo of their #2, 10, 15, 20…and a major league player. Angels’ guys are a little less valuable but they still have guys. If the Angels called and offered Detmers, Bachman, Guzman, and Adams or swap Guzman and Adams with Adell and a low level guy and of course they’re in the conversation. It’s not that they don’t have it, it’s how much depth you have to deal from. 

9 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

not sure about that for Suarez.  He seems like the perfect 4/5 guy.  Three solid but not great pitches.  One that actually really good in his change piece.  People need to remember he's 24.  It feels like he's been around forever but he's still not a finished product.  

I actually think Suarez is most valuable if he’s your depth guy. Maybe his new pitch mix allows him to stick at the very end of the rotation, but in my opinion they are best suited when he is a depth piece and not throwing 25 times a season. 

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We have enough to get any of those guys. 

As a non-contender and team that does not know where they are going, we don't. Farm system does not have 1 player in top 100. Other teams have so much more to offer. You cannot go to trade market and compete. Again, this is my opinion. Off season Minasian and Arte will have to decide what road they will take. Hopefully a new road. So I do not get my hopes up at deadline halos may move a few pieces (Loup I hope) but nothing major will happen. Contenders will make big splash not all so rans.

9 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I actually think Suarez is most valuable if he’s your depth guy. Maybe his new pitch mix allows him to stick at the very end of the rotation, but in my opinion they are best suited when he is a depth piece and not throwing 25 times a season. 

Suarez pitched really well last 9 to 10 starts last year. He will be given opportunity this year. At 24 still learning his craft and hopefully getting better.

12 minutes ago, mmc said:

When was the last time the Angels sold a non rental?

Brian Goodwin in 2020.

He had 1.5 years remaining before free agency when he was dealt, though the Reds non-tendered him that offseason.