• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I just assume every trade TB makes is going to work out for them.

Shows what I know. I look at his poor batting average, piss poor OBP and my memory of him being terrible on the Padres and assume he sucks. 

But evidently, when he does hit the ball, he can do some damage. I'm still skeptical. 

Edited by Second Base

46 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Better be a big return because I feel like they can get more closer to the deadline

A buyer in theory might make a better offer for a pitcher earlier in order to get an extra start or two…..at least that is the theory….you would hope your GM can read the market…..

Just now, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

The overreactions are coming. 

either extend him or flip him for a record haul; either way he’ll be my favorite player and I’ll root for him. 

Arte is going to trade him for a new stadium so he can leave anaheim ASAP. You heard it here first folks.

Obviously, at this point, the Angels are not in a "postseason run" mode this year.

But this next two weeks may reveal a lot.

As I have said, I would think the ownership/front office would still be in a "win now" mode considering exactly how this roster sits (including the tired, but true, storyline of the "Trout and Ohtani" years being finite).

Therefore I think they will be focused on acquiring a premium starting pitcher that will be here next year.  Free agency can be great to acquire a good player, but we all know you can't just want a player. . . they have to want to sign with you as well.  So sometimes the "perfect" player isn't landed.

Making a trade may cost you players, but at least the Angels are in control of what player they actually acquire.  It looks like Montas and Castillo will both be traded.  I would not be surprised if the Angels will try to get one of them because the Angels are going to need at least one high end starting pitcher for next year, maybe two.  Well probably two.

If they are in this line of thinking, it sure seems like they would not chance acquiring everything they need in free agency and risk being shut out if or when they get outbid or the player simply chooses another team to sign with.

Also, if they can acquire one of those pitchers, it might make it easier to attract another key player in free agency.

Anyway, I am curious to see if the Angels are in on one of these two starting pitchers with an eye on trying to win next year.  I hope they are!