• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

4 hours ago, Hubs said:

It sounds like you are rooting against him.

You're a pessimist and a troll and it gets irritating. 

Look at last 7 years the roster halos have now. I live in reality you drink Minasian kool-aid. I feel bad for Ohtani as last, and lot of this year Angels surround him with minor league players. Trout should just sit out last 2 months. I want you to say something good about Rengifo. You have been so negative about him, why?

55 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Look at last 7 years the roster halos have now. I live in reality you drink Minasian kool-aid. I feel bad for Ohtani as last, and lot of this year Angels surround him with minor league players. Trout should just sit out last 2 months. I want you to say something good about Rengifo. You have been so negative about him, why?

No I choose to be optimistic and you choose to be miserable. Am I happy about the results? No. Am I hopeful they can get it together? Yes. Do I always try to see the positive in something? Mostly.

Rengifo seems to have figured it out, but after his last few years, he is always going to be a streaky player. He's basically Macier Izturis or Benji Gil. He's not the second coming of Jeter, and so many were praising him after a few good games.

A month later and he's still hitting, so I'm starting to become a believer. But He and Fletcher are not the MINF duo of the future and I'm not really a fan of either guy. We needed more offense last year and they spent it on mediocre relievers.

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

No I choose to be optimistic and you choose to be miserable. Am I happy about the results? No. Am I hopeful they can get it together? Yes. Do I always try to see the positive in something? Mostly.

Rengifo seems to have figured it out, but after his last few years, he is always going to be a streaky player. He's basically Macier Izturis or Benji Gil. He's not the second coming of Jeter, and so many were praising him after a few good games.

A month later and he's still hitting, so I'm starting to become a believer. But He and Fletcher are not the MINF duo of the future and I'm not really a fan of either guy. We needed more offense last year and they spent it on mediocre relievers.

I'm not miserable at all. I'm realistic. Facts are facts this team stinks. Can they turn things sure? 2023 has many needs but many positives. I like starters they have going forward especially if Ohtani is around next year. The Ohtani situation needs to be resolved one way or another. Cannot go into 2023 with this hanging over halo's heads. Who will be MIF plus Angel OF for 2023?

Ohtani's extension or upcoming free agency is honestly the last thing I would worry about. You can deal with that in season if they are struggling and if he has indicated he likely wouldn't resign.

A pending FA Hanging over their heads? Certainly seems to be hurting the Yankees with Judge. 

They need MINF bats at one position, if only to have the backup at 3rd not be a scrub. Jackson will be up at some point next year, but it will probably be until 2024 or 2025 he gets a full time gig. Neto shortly thereafter. So I understand not taking a huge swing at a guy, but they need help. Maybe pry Biggio away from the Blue Jays? It's why I wanted him in a potential syndergaard trade, Two more years of control, solid defense, decent stick, potential for more. This is what they need in the MINF. Preferably another bat that doesn't strike out much too.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Ohtani's extension or upcoming free agency is honestly the last thing I would worry about. You can deal with that in season if they are struggling and if he has indicated he likely wouldn't resign.

A pending FA Hanging over their heads? Certainly seems to be hurting the Yankees with Judge. 

They need MINF bats at one position, if only to have the backup at 3rd not be a scrub. Jackson will be up at some point next year, but it will probably be until 2024 or 2025 he gets a full time gig. Neto shortly thereafter. So I understand not taking a huge swing at a guy, but they need help. Maybe pry Biggio away from the Blue Jays? It's why I wanted him in a potential syndergaard trade, Two more years of control, solid defense, decent stick, potential for more. This is what they need in the MINF. Preferably another bat that doesn't strike out much too.

IF Ohtani tells you this winter, he is going to test free agency do you trade him?

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Blarg said:

So the Padres weren't going for their first World Series title in 1984 or 1998? They just showed up because the pay was good? 

He said they're going for their first World Series title in franchise history, which is true. He didn't say they're getting their first ever shot at a World Series title.