• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I don't know why you guys let Angels1961 bother you. Even if you don't like what he says, is it really that hard to move on and keep reading? Just don't take what he says seriously if it bothers you that much.

Thanks for the nudge.  My first ever ignore. I guess that’s what the feature is for so. . .

2 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

Chavez does nothing for us but Davidson could turn into something. He's old for a prospect, but a LHP with some good stuff. And control. 

For the first time in forever, we have decent young starting pitching (Sandoval, Detmers) and starting prospects, including Davidson….

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Davidson turns 27 before next season.  He's mediocre at best and likely won't stick as a starter. 

He’s a back end starter, if he sticks, maybe a lefty bullpen guy…..but he’s a decent pick up….started a game in the WS last year and he’s been a good prospect in a much better system than ours….worth a flyer….but the salary dump was the key to the deal for sure….

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Should have eaten the rest of this years salary on Thor and raisel to increase the return. If you’re willing to eat upton you should be willing to eat those considering the money was already allocated.

Always the chance that Atlanta or Philly wouldn't have done the deals though too. Philly might've not wanted to part with any prospects and specifically wanted to take on Thor's contract, and the Angels didn't have any other real suitors for him.

Wouldn't be surprised if the initial talk was Marsh for Syndergaard to Philly, using Marsh's value to get Philly to throw in a better prospect return, but Dombrowski wasn't vibing with that, and that Perry was asking a ton for Syndergaard. Dombrowski called the bluff, they pulled off the O'Hoppe trade because it made sense as it's own, Dombrowski let Perry try and get his asking price for Thor elsewhere (maybe packaged with Raisel to Toronto), didn't get anyone willing to pay anything for Thor, and then came back and said "fine, what do you want for him" and got Moniak and Sanchez.

Edited by totdprods

35 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Always the chance that Atlanta or Philly wouldn't have done the deals though too. Philly might've not wanted to part with any prospects and specifically wanted to take on Thor's contract, and the Angels didn't have any other real suitors for him.

Wouldn't be surprised if the initial talk was Marsh for Syndergaard to Philly, using Marsh's value to get Philly to throw in a better prospect return, but Dombrowski wasn't vibing with that, and that Perry was asking a ton for Syndergaard. Dombrowski called the bluff, they pulled off the O'Hoppe trade because it made sense as it's own, Dombrowski let Perry try and get his asking price for Thor elsewhere (maybe packaged with Raisel to Toronto), didn't get anyone willing to pay anything for Thor, and then came back and said "fine, what do you want for him" and got Moniak and Sanchez.

True. All hypothetical. At the end of the day, he made some moves and acquired more cost controlled assets. Assumption is that perry thinks moniak can give the same production as marsh. Would it have been as shocking if the trade was marsh for moniak/Sanchez and Thor for ohappe?

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

True. All hypothetical. At the end of the day, he made some moves and acquired more cost controlled assets. Assumption is that perry thinks moniak can give the same production as marsh. Would it have been as shocking if the trade was marsh for moniak/Sanchez and Thor for ohappe?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended to be all together, but Perry thought he'd maybe get a better return elsewhere and wanted to hold off including Thor and Dombrowski just said "sure bud, go for it", and waited for him to come back and say "okay, we'll take Moniak and Sanchez".

18 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended to be all together, but Perry thought he'd maybe get a better return elsewhere and wanted to hold off including Thor and Dombrowski just said "sure bud, go for it", and waited for him to come back and say "okay, we'll take Moniak and Sanchez".

Still a bit lopsided overall but the value seems to be based on position of need. Have to think that Minasian didnt believe Marsh was ever going to reach his anticipated projection while O'Hoppe will exceed his.

17 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I'm not rooting against him. I'm just stating a fact. Trout is a GREAT ambassador for the game of baseball. It's been a treat to watch him play all these years. It's been sad the team around him has not performed better. I hope he comes back soon but unless he is surrounded by better players, he will not see playoffs. Teams pitch around him so much in the past. How many years with Pujols batting behind him? I hope he comes back soon. I also do not feel sorry that Trout will not make playoffs. Many great players in past never saw post season games. He also making millions. I do root for Trout and all halo players but lately it has not made me happier. 

It sounds like you are rooting against him.

You're a pessimist and a troll and it gets irritating. 

Just now, Lou said:

I don't have him on ignore, I just don't read his posts. 

I can't figure out how to ignore him. I read the entire thread, and then I see his dumbass Eeyore comments and ugh. He bugs me more than HOF trolls SM182 and others who've been banned.

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I can't figure out how to ignore him. I read the entire thread, and then I see his dumbass Eeyore comments and ugh. He bugs me more than HOF trolls SM182 and others who've been banned.

Interesting. I guess I don't know how to put someone on ignore either. 

46 minutes ago, Lou said:

Interesting. I guess I don't know how to put someone on ignore either. 

If you hover over someone's name with your cursor... a window will pop up. In the bottom, right hand corner, there's an "ignore" button... click that and go from there.