• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

MLB says #5

B6EF9194-A940-4EA0-8A1E-F545250A1DA0.jpeg

He's older, 26, but he's a long reliever basically. Great slider good curve average fastball. 

From Fangraphs:

13. Tucker Davidson, MIRP

Drafted: 19th Round, 2016 from Midland JC (TX) (ATL)
Age 26.2 Height 6′ 2″ Weight 215 Bat / Thr L / L FV 40
Tool Grades (Present/Future)
Fastball Slider Curveball Changeup Command Sits/Tops
45/45 60/60 55/55 40/40 40/40 91-95 / 98

Count Davidson among the many Braves upper-level pitching prospects who seem to carve at Triple-A, then struggle when they’re tasked with making a spot start in the majors. He first reached Gwinnett in 2019 and has a sub-3.00 ERA there, but he’s been walk-prone during his nine big league appearances and has had some rough starts. While he touches 97 mph, Davidson’s fastball sits mostly 92-94, and while it has a backspinning axis, its angle causes it to play down a little; big league hitters have been able to get on top of it and it’s generating a worse-than-average swinging strike rate at Triple-A. Davidson’s money pitch is his upper-80s slider, which has late vertical action. It was his most-used secondary in 2021 and Davidson has upped its frequency again this season, bending his slider in about 40% of the time. He might be able to pitch heavily off his two breaking balls in a five-and-dive starter role long-term, but we tend to prefer that type of approach in a long relief role. Given that Davidson will soon be out of options, such a move may be coming in 2023.

So at the end of the day, Perry traded away a good outfield prospect (Marsh is basically still a prospect), plus a closer and back end starting pitcher. 

And in return he reduced payroll by 16 million for the remainder of 2022 (What was owed to Syndergaard and Iglesias) and 16 million for 2023 and 2024, got a decent catching prospect, a fringe outfielder with pedigree, a switch hitting lottery ticket in A Ball and Jesse Chavez. 

Not bad. The on the field product is notably worse now and in the future, but if O'Hoppe can actually hit, it lessens the sting. But the big thing here was the reduction in payroll. There's no reason for them not to allocate those savings directly in free agency this winter to give the playoffs one last shot with Ohtani here and Trout in his prime. 

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

So at the end of the day, Perry traded away a good outfield prospect (Marsh is basically still a prospect), plus a closer and back end starting pitcher. 

And in return he reduced payroll by 16 million for the remainder of 2022 (What was owed to Syndergaard and Iglesias) and 16 million for 2023 and 2024, got a decent catching prospect, a fringe outfielder with pedigree, a switch hitting lottery ticket in A Ball and Jesse Chavez. 

Not bad. The on the field product is notably worse now and in the future, but if O'Hoppe can actually hit, it lessens the sting. But the big thing here was the reduction in payroll. There's no reason for them not to allocate those savings directly in free agency this winter to give the playoffs one last shot with Ohtani here and Trout in his prime. 

You forgot the Iglesias return 

13 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Chavez does nothing for us but Davidson could turn into something. He's old for a prospect, but a LHP with some good stuff. And control. 

14 minutes ago, Second Base said:

And in return he reduced payroll by 16 million for the remainder of 2022 (What was owed to Syndergaard and Iglesias) and 16 million for 2023 and 2024 and 2025, got a decent catching prospect, a long relief/starter, a fringe outfielder with pedigree, a switch hitting lottery ticket in A Ball and Jesse Chavez. 

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

You trying to Rengifo me

If it means you'll turn from a shitty poster into an All-Star poster, then yes.

Trout is the best player in baseball, and under contract for $37M per season for 8 more years. He's never gonna be a part time player.

Just now, Hubs said:

If it means you'll turn from a shitty poster into an All-Star poster, then yes.

Trout is the best player in baseball, and under contract for $37M per season for 8 more years. He's never gonna be a part time player.

I did not say that. He is not the best player today because he is not PLAYING. If he was healthy maybe he still would be. 

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I did not say that. He is not the best player today because he is not PLAYING. If he was healthy maybe he still would be. 

He'll be back soon. Root for him and this team instead of against him. You'll be happier.

Just now, Hubs said:

He'll be back soon. Root for him and this team instead of against him. You'll be happier.

I'm not rooting against him. I'm just stating a fact. Trout is a GREAT ambassador for the game of baseball. It's been a treat to watch him play all these years. It's been sad the team around him has not performed better. I hope he comes back soon but unless he is surrounded by better players, he will not see playoffs. Teams pitch around him so much in the past. How many years with Pujols batting behind him? I hope he comes back soon. I also do not feel sorry that Trout will not make playoffs. Many great players in past never saw post season games. He also making millions. I do root for Trout and all halo players but lately it has not made me happier.