• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

11 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Just curious, but would an offer of Adell, Marsh, Silseth, and Detmers be enough to get Washington's attention for Soto?  Or, would we have to take Strasberg's bloated deal off of their hands as well?

From our standpoint, that's probably the best we can offer. 

Which is why we can't/won't trade for him. 

Or, we could offer one of Jackson or Adams instead of Silseth.  Some players, like Jackson, would be blocked by such a deal.  

As far as pitching, Ky Bush and Coleman Crow are very close to ML ready, perhaps the Nats would prefer one of them?  

I think we match up fairly well with Washington, if Arte wants to make another huge splash. 

We don't have nearly enough to trade for Soto. Not a single one of those guys is currently a Top - 100 guy. And even though Marsh and Adell have graduated, I'd argue that a Top - 100 guy has more value than either of them. An offer of Adell, Silseth (because of his stuff), and Jackson might be enough to pry our way into the conversation about Castillo or Montas. But would not make us the favorite. The Dodgers, Braves, Cardinals, and Mets have so much more to offer than us. 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

I suggest you guys read this and realize just how far off you guys are with your trade proposals:

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2387465/which-teams-could-build-the-best-trade-package-for-juan-soto

AW trying to come up with a package anywhere close to any of these whilst still only giving up players we're all fine with losing:

calculating the hangover GIF

Exactly @Lou. Pipe dream. 

I think they will trade Thor and if Lorenzen can show something when he comes back (if he does), they'll get someone to bite on him as a swing man/long reliever. I could see Lorenzen throwing 3 innings for the Mets in the playoffs. And Thor could actually generate some competition and produce a team's #10-12 prospect. I think I saw an Audacy article that listed 5 teams that need him--Red Sox, Blue Jays, Phillies, Braves and Cardinals. I'd add the White Sox and Twins to that.

You also trade if any team is interested at all in Suzuki, Loup, Duffy, or Tepera. Our young guys can easily replace what they're giving us. 

A few guys I actually think they should trade: Barria and Rengifo. I don't know what their plan is with Barria, but his ERA is low and we know he doesn't have a future in the rotation. Why not trade him? And for Rengifo, he could be part of a package. I like him a lot but I think we sell to a team that likes his versatility and his bat. He's under control until 2026, and has shown flashes. Pair him with Silseth and a MIF prospect, and you have something that can get you something valuable back. 

4 minutes ago, eligrba said:

The Angels are a house of cards and trading for Soto would only make it worse. It took multiple GMs and many bad decisions to arrive at this place. 

True enough, but imagine the lineup next year.  It would definitely convince Ohtani we’re serious.  But it will be a bidding war.

1 minute ago, Revad said:

True enough, but imagine the lineup next year.  It would definitely convince Ohtani we’re serious.  But it will be a bidding war.

Ohtani

Trout

Soto

Rendon’s replacement while on the IL

Shitty player 1

Shitty player 2

Shitty player 3

Shitty player 4

Shitty player 5

yep…….

7 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

and if Lorenzen can show something when he comes back (if he does), they'll get someone to bite on him as a swing man/long reliever.

there’s only 2 weeks till the TDL… I’m not sure Lorenzen’s gonna be making any appearances before then, but I admittedly haven’t been fully following his rehab

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/07/the-market-for-rental-starters-is-on-shaky-ground.html

Unlike the Orioles, the Angels have only dug themselves into a deeper hole. At the time MLBTR’s rankings came out, they were seven games out of a playoff spot, theoretically one hot streak away from jumping right back into the mix. However, they’ve unfortunately gone the other way, slipping to 10 1/2 back. That should only solidify Syndergaard as a guaranteed trade chip. But like many of the other pitchers highlighted here, he hasn’t been at his best lately. He had a 3.53 ERA through mid-June but a 5.01 over his last four starts. That’s a small sample, but he hasn’t looked like himself this season. After only throwing two innings over 2020-2021 due to Tommy John surgery and with his velocity down from his pre-surgery form, it’s fair to wonder if there might be some fatigue setting in.

I feel like we're going to buy and sell. 

With how the season has playered out, I still think the 3rd wilcard could be in play. All we need is a good moneth, and we could easily be back in the race. 

If we lookt at the teams in the race, at one point into the season, they were as bad as us. Boston started the season awfully, Seattle, had the 4th worst record at one point...White Sox we're doing doing to well. 

Until game 130-140, I could see the Wildcard being in play. 

11 hours ago, TroutField said:

Soto will be a Dodger, Yankee, or Astro. 
Sane teams that win everything, every year. 

What is your definition of everything? The Yankees last World Series win was in 2009. Astros cheated for one in 2017. Dodgers won in 2020. Those are the only championships for those teams in the last 21 years.

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

What is your definition of everything? The Yankees last World Series win was in 2009. Astros cheated for one in 2017. Dodgers won in 2020. Those are the only championships for those teams in the last 21 years.

Might as well throw the angels in the mix since they won in 2002

And Soto is young enough for any team to acquire and make him part of their franchise, whether it is the Orioles who will be competing in the next several years or the Padres who are competing now.  The only teams that I can’t see being involved would be a team like the A’s.