• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

36 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

What is your definition of everything? The Yankees last World Series win was in 2009. Astros cheated for one in 2017. Dodgers won in 2020. Those are the only championships for those teams in the last 21 years.

Doyers last was 1988 as 2020 was a 60 game schedule and does not count.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Might as well throw the angels in the mix since they won in 2002

They weren't mentioned in the post he responded to. 

13 hours ago, TroutField said:

Soto will be a Dodger, Yankee, or Astro. 
Sane teams that win everything, every year. 

I am shocked the angels aren’t listed. I’m sure they’ll be listed as the mystery team later. 

I am shocked the angels aren’t listed. I’m sure they’ll be listed as the mystery team later. 

Nationals do not want Minasian cusp of magic beans or kool-aid he sells in winter.

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

And Soto is young enough for any team to acquire and make him part of their franchise, whether it is the Orioles who will be competing in the next several years or the Padres who are competing now.  The only teams that I can’t see being involved would be a team like the A’s.  

I don't think anyone who doesn't want to/can't pay him would get involved, I'm not sure how many are capable of offering $400+ million contracts

You really don’t have control over what players sign here in free agency.
So trading for a starter you can control next year is a legitimate strategy to try to win next year.
It is going to be funny, if the Angels trade for Montas or Castillo, to see the knee jerk responses saying the Angels are foolishly being “buyers” in a year they are not going to win.

Be prepared for some dopes to accuse Arte and Minasian of being delusional regarding the team’s chances this year.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2388051

The New York Yankees and New York Mets aren't interested in trading at least their top three prospects in a deal for Washington Nationals outfielder Juan Soto, according to the New York Post's Jon Heyman.

The Yankees' best prospects are shortstops Anthony Volpe, Oswald Peraza, and outfielder Jasson Dominguez. Volpe is ranked No. 8 in all of baseball, Peraza is No. 38, and Dominguez sits at No. 39, according to MLB Pipeline.

Meanwhile, the Mets' top trio consists of catcher Francisco Alvarez, third baseman/outfielder Brett Baty, and shortstop Ronny Mauricio. Alvarez is ranked No. 2, Baty comes in at No. 20, and Mauricio is listed as No. 52.

41 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Does anyone else think the Angels will be both buyers and sellers this deadline?  Look to move Syndergaard and a couple others but also look to add an arm that is controlled another year or two?

If they still have good value, I’d consider trading Adell or Marsh for the right controllable arm….

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Does anyone else think the Angels will be both buyers and sellers this deadline?  Look to move Syndergaard and a couple others but also look to add an arm that is controlled another year or two?

Could be.  Could also be the reason they took a chance at moving Adams up to AA.  Show other teams that he might be closer that previously thought.  

On 7/21/2022 at 6:13 PM, mmc said:

This isn't a trade, but I'm going to post this here anyways.

This guy has made a nice little career of late out of signing mid season or in season contracts after not being signed in the off-season.  Dude has got it down.  RP, so he already barely throws.  Then he sits around, waits for teams to need RP help and shows up to collect.  Brilliant.

He made 11 mil last year and didn't pitch, now he's essentially signing for half that for what's left of the season.  Props to him.